• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

November 22nd - The death of contracting as we know it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meanttobeworking View Post
    That niche wouldn't be Advanced CUK Forum Post Formatting would it? I'm impressed
    He is niche.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by meanttobeworking View Post
      In short, nobody knows anything for sure. Good job, HMRC.
      We're also guessing about how the "private sector" (as a vast aggregation of various sectors) will respond. It will respond differently to the PS, we can be fairly sure about that. There's a range of possible outcomes. It's pretty clear that a line will be drawn in the morass of grey, but how close or far away that line is drawn from BAU/BoS contractors remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Just so I am clear, if I was IR35 caught could I pay myself and my wife an income? Or do I have to pay it all as income to me?
        You have to pay it all to yourself. Also, take a look at the Employment Allowance. You can’t that claim if you’re the director and the only employee paid above the Secondary Threshold or you’re a service company working under ‘IR35 rules’ and your only income is the earnings of the intermediary (such as your personal service company, limited company or partnership).

Thought I'd compound the good news

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          If, at last, the new rules put all those inside IR35 who should have been all along, then in my analysis this can only be a good thing. Then, for the small minority who remain, when you engage on a gig in a true B2B relationship, the client taking the risk of the IR35 determination, everyone is happy. The contractor no longer needs the ridiculous parasitic overheads of IR35 insurance and the like. For those on a B2B contract, it is a happy outcome. Ofcourse, if as the majority are, you are really a disguised temporary employee then belly ache all you like, you had a good run but now it's over. Suck it up.
          The naivety in this post is as nauseating as it is laughable. Carry on believing if HMG \ HMRC capture the, by inference, 'majority' that they'll never come for the minority eventually.

And then you'll squeal like the pig you are that's about to be slaughtered.

Comment

I'm starting to think there might not be any direct mention of IR35 this time around - but instead a big jump in dividend tax, with measures to protect pensioners and target us.

Comment

Originally posted by matzie View Post
              I'm starting to think there might not be any direct mention of IR35 this time around - but instead a big jump in dividend tax, with measures to protect pensioners and target us.
              So you clearly haven't seen today's mail on Sunday...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                So you clearly haven't seen today's mail on Sunday...
                :-( No... what does it say? Sigh.

Comment

:-( No... what does it say? Sigh.
                  Self-employed face new onslaught in the Budget | Daily Mail Online

Nothing new really.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
                    The naivety in this post is as nauseating as it is laughable. Carry on believing if HMG \ HMRC capture the, by inference, 'majority' that they'll never come for the minority eventually.

And then you'll squeal like the pig you are that's about to be slaughtered.
                    'snot gonna be me squealing. Nope. Not a chance.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

The fact it’s repeating 2 week old news 3 days before the budget is significant. It means those items haven’t been rejected and are likely to be announced
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X