• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ir35 2020

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Your mum.

You don't think your agent has a vested interest in soothing your childlike understanding of IR35?

You're in for a rude awakening if you're relying on your agent (especially) and accountant to inform you about things for which they're completely unqualified to offer an opinion.
    Don't understand why you seem to have an attitude from the off.... No1 likes a smartar5e.

My contract is reviewed against IR35 and is deemed outside.

Now since you are such the smartar5e why dont you actually post something informative as that's what this forum is about isn't it? A place where people can ask questions for guidance and opinions isn't it?

If it's Sunday night at 6pm and you have nothing better to do than answer people's questions etc on forums with smartarse comments then I feel sorry for you....

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

For new posters on here, when I show up I expect a reasonably polite and professional debate in these forums

HTH.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by headsy View Post
        A place where people can ask questions for guidance and opinions isn't it?
        Sure. My guidance is to ignore anything your agent or accountant might say about IR35.

What else would you like to know?

Comment

Don't understand why you seem to have an attitude from the off.... No1 likes a smartar5e.

My contract is reviewed against IR35 and is deemed outside.

Now since you are such the smartar5e why dont you actually post something informative as that's what this forum is about isn't it? A place where people can ask questions for guidance and opinions isn't it?

If it's Sunday night at 6pm and you have nothing better to do than answer people's questions etc on forums with smartarse comments then I feel sorry for you....

Has the contract been reviewed by someone qualified to comment, such as Bauer and Cottrell or QDOS?
          If so, triffic...if not..get it done then see where you stand.

Edit to add: agents will say literally anything and are to be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Guesstimator View Post
            Has the contract been reviewed by someone qualified to comment, such as Bauer and Cottrell or QDOS?
            If so, triffic...if not..get it done then see where you stand.
            Cheers for the response.

The agent has told me all their contracts have been professionally reviewed externally and are deemed IR35 exempt. Who reviewed them I couldn't tell you, the end client is a large corporation and I have contracted for them before in a different part of the UK which is also a heavily contractor dense city so I trust that as I hear it.

However now with these changes I will be following it this up and find out who the professional reviewer is.

Comment

Cheers for the response.

The agent has told me all their contracts have been professionally reviewed externally and are deemed IR35 exempt. Who reviewed them I couldn't tell you, the end client is a large corporation and I have contracted for them before in a different part of the UK which is also a heavily contractor dense city so I trust that as I hear it.

However now with these changes I will be following it this up and find out who the professional reviewer is.

Ask to see the review of the contract...your contract...not 'all our contracts'. It's part and parcel of any contract review and they'll be able to provide it if they've had it done..which they haven't.

Just get it reviewed yourself, it's under a hundred quid, but be aware that the actual working practices will always take precedence...and also that (IMO) the larger the end client, the more likely they are to be risk averse and declare everyone inside.

Comment

For future reference, it's your responsibility to have your contract reviewed for commercial terms and IR35 because the liability rests with YourCo. Never listen to a word the agent says w/r to IR35. They have a vested interest in telling you the opposite of reality and there are countless examples in the archives here of exactly that, if you care to search. I predict that the agent has solicited no such review and, even if they had, that it would be completely worthless, because IR35 rests on your own working practices and not what a generic contract says. Get your contract *and* your own working practices reviewed by Abbey Tax, Bauer & Cottrell, QDOS (not the cheap review), EGOS, or any of the other well-known suppliers. Also, make sure that you collect evidence that supports those working practices during your contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Guesstimator View Post
                  which they haven't
                  Exactly.

Comment

Cheers for the response.

Don't bother. Get it reviewed yourself. It's up to you to do your own due diligence. The agent doesn't work for you and your tax affairs are non of their concern.

Many of the older heads have seen this many times. Hays used to claim to have an outside IR35 contract but if failed every external review and they finally caved and changed it. That's why people are having a pop at you.

Comment

Cheers for the response.

I understand about the agent but I also pay my accountant a monthly fee and I clouded in this is IR35 reviews carried out by themselves.

I will seek it from an external body and see what the outcome is.

All the best
                      Originally posted by NCOTBAC View Post
                      Don't bother. Get it reviewed yourself. It's up to you to do your own due diligence. The agent doesn't work for you and your tax affairs are non of their concern.

Many of the older heads have seen this many times. Hays used to claim to have an outside IR35 contract but if failed every external review and they finally caved and changed it. That's why people are having a pop at you.

Comment

Working...
                      X