• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ir35 2020

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
    It's official ir35 to private sector in 2020. Say bye bye to the UK mobile contracting sector.
    No, it's only official if I say so...

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      In addition, you can be in the public sector, and outside IR35. The change is to the responsibility for determination of status. Not the facts of the status, nor the law on the status (except the removal of 5% expenses).
      So hopefully gives time to understand and make qualified & logical decisions - rather than rushed blanket decisions across companies?

Comment

Off-payroll working (IR35): Budget 2018

document here

https://assets.publishing.service.go...4/IR35_web.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
          It's official ir35 to private sector in 2020. Say bye bye to the UK mobile contracting sector.
          No. It will change certainly, but it won’t disappear completely.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Seriously do people not realise:
            1. IR35 already exists in the private sector
            2. You cannot opt-out
            3. The chancellor has given agencies, large enterprises and medium sized companies time to put in place work arounds e.g. change their model of working.
            4. They have time to save up the cash to pay Big 4 consultancies instead of contractors
            Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
            http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

I worry about the people panicking on here. If you think you're inside IR35 and not paying accordingly then you're breaking the rules today, let alone 2020.

Plenty of time for agencies and clients to pull their socks up and ensure full compliance - to keep people out, rather than in.
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                I worry about the people panicking on here. If you think you're inside IR35 and not paying accordingly then you're breaking the rules today, let alone 2020.

Plenty of time for agencies and clients to pull their socks up and ensure full compliance - to keep people out, rather than in.
                Absolutely. We see this everytime there is any announcements of this ilk. Low number posters posting doom and gloom threads that haven't been involved in the discussions that have been going on many months already. They've not wanted to get involved before and all of a sudden they are starting knee jerk threads.

You do have to wonder about their knowledge of the existing situation and why they are suddenly so spooked.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Well, they need to do it fairly. I'm sure there are contractors in central government, been there a long while like 10 years, typical perm positions but still deemed outside.
                  I see similar roles where the rules seem to be applied willy-nilly, sometimes inside sometimes outside. I'm sure some will give a reason but it's BS really - pretty much exact same roles where all should be inside or outside.
                  Currently semi-retired now anyway, working when something interesting comes up and currently part time. Contracting around the country inside IR35 does not appeal to me and I hope many have saved up over the years.

Irritating thing is there are plenty of folks who used those dodgy payment schemes that still haven't had to pay up their taxes due.

Comment

Because HMRC are good at doing things fairly. :
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

I think you are the missing point. The problem is not with a contractor attitude, but how agencies and big companies will approach that. If they will advertise contract as IR35 inside only, it won't be your decision. The pool of contracts outside IR35 will decrease significantly.

Comment

Working...
                      X