• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Note to IPSE Today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I can only judge by the plethora of articles, which suggest that a majority, if not all, of public sector contractors are being judged as inside IR35 by CEST, irrespective of what the reality is, and that public sector organisations are adopting a reduced risk approach by doing so.
    Well you'd be completely wrong I am afraid. That is focussing on those that this affects. Plenty out there that it doesn't and are quite happily delivering away from the limelight as there is no issue to report.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

fake news then!

Comment

Didn't IPSE take a tulipload of UK members money to set up their US arm fairly recently?

Along with their infighting this most recent year was my last with IPSE. I mostly used them for the insurance but have moved that over to QDOS. IPSE seem to be largely impotent and not really achieve anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Nut View Post
          Didn't IPSE take a tulipload of UK members money to set up their US arm fairly recently?

Along with their infighting this most recent year was my last with IPSE. I mostly used them for the insurance but have moved that over to QDOS. IPSE seem to be largely impotent and not really achieve anything.
          IPSE seem to be largely impotent and not really achieve anything.
          I had been saying this for years before I eventually didn't renew my 19 year membership this year, after their practise of effectively censoring my criticisms. Judging from posters here, others have come to the same conclusion and haven't or are not renewing their membership this year.

It's worth noting that when other representative organisations have added their names to recent communications to HMG, IPSE has declined to do so.
          Last edited by JohntheBike; 24 October 2019, 09:29. Reason: added comment

Comment

I had been saying this for years before I eventually didn't renew my 19 year membership this year, after their practise of effectively censoring my criticisms. Judging from posters here, others have come to the same conclusion and haven't or are not renewing their membership this year.

It's worth noting that when other representative organisations have added their names to recent communications to HMG, IPSE has declined to do so.
            I can assure you that their censoring your criticisms had nothing to do with my decision.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
              I can assure you that their censoring your criticisms had nothing to do with my decision.
              obviously! each will make their decision based on their own circumstances.

Comment

obviously! each will make their decision based on their own circumstances.
                This guy is just too good to be for real.

Comment

Oh, he's very real.

Comment

Oh he's real. He's had his day in court you know?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Oh he's real. He's had his day in court you know?
                      he''l be along presently to regale us with the tale, in it's endless tediousness.

Comment

Working...
                      X