• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Remote contracting - move to a tax haven?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote contracting - move to a tax haven?

Has anyone done this?

Got a long term IT contract that I can work remotely on. Wondering if its worth moving to a "tax haven" and living and working there? I have no reason to stay in the UK really. Where would be a good place to go? Jersey seems like it could be a good shout.

Yep. It's sucj a good idea everyone is doing it... Oh.. Hang on...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Why move? The hassle of that must outweigh the benefits, especially when you're on-site again next time round.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Have you got enough free cash to meet their residency rules? For example, can you generate enough income to pay £175k a year in taxes at 20%?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I do know of someone who has done this. You have to be very very careful how this is set up.

Comment

Originally posted by DkPowers View Post
            Has anyone done this?

Got a long term IT contract that I can work remotely on. Wondering if its worth moving to a "tax haven" and living and working there? I have no reason to stay in the UK really. Where would be a good place to go? Jersey seems like it could be a good shout.
            Isle of Man? Zero rate tax of corporation tax.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Most agencies won't work with non England, Wales or Scotland Ltd Co
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

If you've got the skills to contract, you likely have the skills to freelance online as well and get a wider client base, always fancied Labuan myself in Malaysia

Comment

if only

If I could I would move and live in Bermuda or another exotic location, there is no corporation tax, vat or income tax, but costs are very very high.

Sadly I need to be close to my clients as I often need to be on site in the UK, plus have kids at school here and so on.

Great opportunity though and worth going for it if you can.

Comment

I wouldn't bother about a tax haven but I would use the opportunty to travel and work in a number of different places. Just have to watch the time zones!

Comment

Working...
                    X