Remote contracting - move to a tax haven? Remote contracting - move to a tax haven?
Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Nervous Newbie

Default Remote contracting - move to a tax haven?

Has anyone done this?

Got a long term IT contract that I can work remotely on. Wondering if its worth moving to a "tax haven" and living and working there? I have no reason to stay in the UK really. Where would be a good place to go? Jersey seems like it could be a good shout.

My post count is Majestic

Yep. It's sucj a good idea everyone is doing it... Oh.. Hang on...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Nervous Newbie

Question

Yes, I heard that no registration of trust accounts is required among the companies that administer individual financial accounts on the island. They are proud of "high measures of privacy" and so on. But income tax rates there are about 20%, am I right? Isn't it still high?

Double Godlike!

Why move? The hassle of that must outweigh the benefits, especially when you're on-site again next time round.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Have you got enough free cash to meet their residency rules? For example, can you generate enough income to pay £175k a year in taxes at 20%?
    Blog? What blog...?

Contractor Among Contractors

I do know of someone who has done this. You have to be very very careful how this is set up.

Quote Originally Posted by DkPowers View Post
    Has anyone done this?

Got a long term IT contract that I can work remotely on. Wondering if its worth moving to a "tax haven" and living and working there? I have no reason to stay in the UK really. Where would be a good place to go? Jersey seems like it could be a good shout.
    Isle of Man? Zero rate tax of corporation tax.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

TykeLike

Most agencies won't work with non England, Wales or Scotland Ltd Co
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Nervous Newbie

If you've got the skills to contract, you likely have the skills to freelance online as well and get a wider client base, always fancied Labuan myself in Malaysia