• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition Against Retrospective Taxation...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petition Against Retrospective Taxation...

Hello All,

If HMRC get away with the 2019 Retrospective Loan Charge then there is a reasonable chance that the next target is retrospective IR35.

Please can anyone who is against retrospective taxation and the Rule of Law sign the following petition:

Ban retrospective, retroactive or back dated taxation! - Petitions

Thank you.
    MajorGowen...

Originally posted by MajorGowen View Post
    Hello All,

If HMRC get away with the 2019 Retrospective Loan Charge then there is a reasonable chance that the next target is retrospective IR35.

Please can anyone who is against retrospective taxation and the Rule of Law sign the following petition:

Thank you.
    MajorGowen...

These are different issues, Loan Charge is valid as it targets tax cheats (using loans) who were warned over and over, but greedily ignored the warnings. Now the chickens come home to roost those cheats are bleeting about how unfair it all is.

IR35 is a mess and should be pushed back on, it targets those who run their businsses honestly and within the framework of a Limited company.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      These are different issues, Loan Charge is valid as it targets tax cheats (using loans) who were warned over and over, but greedily ignored the warnings. Now the chickens come home to roost those cheats are bleeting about how unfair it all is.

IR35 is a mess and should be pushed back on, it targets those who run their businsses honestly and within the framework of a Limited company.
      Think that's a bit harsh. There were a lot of schemes that were sold on the basis that they avoided the IR35 risk, were HMRC compliant and admin free. The fact that HMRC waited so long to act and by acting now, it's handing out financial penalties which are crippling is a disgrace. Some of these relate to cases going back 20 years.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

<modsnip>. 'Retrospection.' It will come back and haunt you. One day. But by then, with your outlook, there will be no one to help. Screw you.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorGowen View Post
          Hello All,

Thank you.
          MajorGowen...
          Happily done, MajorGowen.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
            <modsnip>. 'Retrospection.' It will come back and haunt you. One day. But by then, with your outlook, there will be no one to help. Screw you.

I ran my Ltd company correctly and it's now dissolved so unless HMRC wants to reinstate it (at a cost to them) I'm immune.

Comment

I ran my Ltd company correctly and it's now dissolved so unless HMRC wants to reinstate it (at a cost to them) I'm immune.
              I wouldn't bank on that too much. There are plenty of people who are being hit with loan charges going back 20 years where the 'employer' is long gone and HMRC are estimating their earnings. How this isn't illegal. I never had a loan scheme, but I do remember the sales pitch that was doing the rounds at the time. All 100%legit, all backed by HMRC and vetted, no admin and similar returns to what you got from the limited without the hassle.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X