• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris to Abolish Contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    For the big players, as “consultancies” they have more than one client but their “consultants” are typically PAYE employees of the consultancy.
    Ah ok, I was thinking of the scenario where consultancies take on contractors for short term resource rather than to convert them to permie, or where contractors are being offered the option of working via a consultancy as a way for the client (I think it's at least one bank, detailed elsewhere on this forum) to address the upcoming IR35 changes.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

This does happen. I’ve contracted via my Ltd for one of the Big 4.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        For the big players, as “consultancies” they have more than one client but their “consultants” are typically PAYE employees of the consultancy.
        What a surprise, my own Ltd Consultancy also has several clients and has an employee consultant who is a PAYE ( which happens to be me)

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
          What a surprise, my own Ltd Consultancy also has several clients and has an employee consultant who is a PAYE ( which happens to be me)
          Are you really an employee? You sure? Bet you aren't.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's quoted here:

Queen’s Speech: pensions, employment and airline insolvency changes | Accountancy Daily

But I don't know if this is chicken or egg.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Probably chicken as I see that the accountancy article was published a day after the original link above.
              Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hold on. Not a grain of truth in it. Written by Gerry so not at all surprising.

Read the Queen's Speech properly and you will ot find anything to justify this article.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                  It's quoted here:

Queen’s Speech: pensions, employment and airline insolvency changes | Accountancy Daily

But I don't know if this is chicken or egg.
                  Lazy journalism...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Sorry guys but I've got some bad news.

The text reported on the dodgy site originally linked to was not in the Queen's speech as she originally delivered it, nor was it in the transcript.

However it IS in the background briefing, on page 66.

"We will increase fairness and flexibility in the labour market by stopping employers and workers experiencing significantly different outcomes from flexible forms of working"

PDF source: https://assets.publishing.service.go...Pack_2019_.pdf

It's game over, man, game over IMHO.

Comment

Very hard to know what that really means. But from the context of the section, it sounds very much like the potential aim of any possible bill would be to protect workers from unscrupulous employers. I’d guess this is trying to stop “gig economy” workers from being utterly screwed by Uber, Deliveroo etc. I’m not seeing anything here that scares the crap out of me. Could be wrong of course!

Comment

Working...
                      X