• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTCs: the future of contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edison View Post
    I've definitely seen more FTC roles come up in the last month or two. The HR department at my last client thought FTC was most likely the long term 'solution' to IR35 for them. Not sure about that but I saw one recently for a three year fixed term Head of IT which seemed ridiculous.
    Totally agree with them. Takes determination out of the equation and removes ambiguity of how you should be treated. If there's an assessment done of Outside = Outside, Inside = FTC then at least they've acknowledged it. The benefit for you is that you're not having to take the umbrella fees and risks into account.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
      That's how you can get yourself to Employment Tribunal. FTC has employment rights and someone doing the same job as FTC may raise a complaint about wage discrimination.
      These rights don't have to be the same as employees - a lot of rights don't kick in until after two years. At least this is a hard stop so they know they then have to offer you something different or bin you off.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
      X