• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employment contract review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employment contract review

Hello there,

One of the options I have is to join an umbrella company in PAYE model, the attached document is their employment contract.
    I have requested them to remove the restrictive covenant clause (No 13) and they have agreed to do that with an appendix, which should supersede this contract.
    Now, is there any other clause or statement that I need to ask them to amend before I sign it. There is a good possibility that the end client hires me directly, later. So I just want to be keep that option legally open.

Thanks for the help in advance

Can someone please help me with adding an attachment to this post? if thats not allowed how can i share the sanitized contract for review?
    Last edited by newbie49; 19 February 2020, 14:50.

I think you might be misunderstanding the contract chain here. You have a contract of employment with the umbrella, regardless of who you work with. That's it. The agreements with the clients and agents have nothing to do with this.

All you've done is remove the notice period to leave the brolly. This is different between the T&Cs in the contact between agent and brolly.

Go back to the brolly and ask them to explain exactly how they work, particularly WRT contracts and engagement.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X