• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Focus - Generic or Specific in terms of experience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Focus - Generic or Specific in terms of experience

Started contracting back in 97, travelled everywhere, worked in many different sectors and had lots of varying job titles from Network Architect, Automation , Server security, technical delivery manager, agile PM, systems monitoring management to ecommerce, website design, SEO, server hosting etc.

Im now looking for permie / contract work - what the hell do I label myself as ? (insert joke here... ) and also I now have the opportunity to do some training , what is currently the 'hot topic' , Im pretty up on my cyber skills - so was looking at the CompTIA / Certified Ethical Hacker, or ? what

From this list (Network Architect, Automation, Server security, technical delivery manager, agile PM, systems monitoring management to ecommerce, website design, SEO, server hosting) choose the one thing that seems to be most in demand now and tailor your CV to that. I don't know which one is, but searching job boards should help.

For training, anything data analytics and robotic process automation related is hot. Looking at the near future, anything that brings costs down will be hot - so RPA will be my bet.

Originally posted by voodoo1927 View Post
    Started contracting back in 97, travelled everywhere, worked in many different sectors and had lots of varying job titles from Network Architect, Automation , Server security, technical delivery manager, agile PM, systems monitoring management to ecommerce, website design, SEO, server hosting etc.

Im now looking for permie / contract work - what the hell do I label myself as ? (insert joke here... ) and also I now have the opportunity to do some training , what is currently the 'hot topic' , Im pretty up on my cyber skills - so was looking at the CompTIA / Certified Ethical Hacker, or ? what

Comment

Kinda ditto the above really. My CV is all over the shop too (totally different stuff to you).

I have a generic CV that gets chucked up on job boards every now and then. My LI profile is pretty much everything too.

When I'm looking for work, I will decide which hat I'd like to wear, look for roles in that area and see what the specs are asking for and which buzz words are in vogue this week. Then I tweak a version of my CV to make it more focussed towards what I'm aiming for. Then a mate rings up and offers me a job and all those hours of effort are for naught

Comment

Working...
      X