• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Choosing umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing umbrella

About to start a new contract agency have issued a list of umbrellas, some I know (and have discounted) some I don't.

Any opinions on paystream and best pay?

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
    About to start a new contract agency have issued a list of umbrellas, some I know (and have discounted) some I don't.

I've obviously not used either of the companies you mentioned, Paystream get talked about a fair bit on here (more bad than good I'd say) so maybe search for them and make up your own conclusions...

Bestpay seem to be pushing a 90% take home model so are probably not your conventional Umbrella company but some loan/offshore remuneration scheme, if this is correct then in my opinion avoid.

From what I've heard you can't go wrong with Contractor Umbrella and Lisa posts on here quite regularly.

Just one point to note, you may have an issue with your expenses if you are moving Umbrella companies for each contract you take on (although come April 16 this probably won't be relevant anymore).

Comment

Go to Contractor Umbrella. They have been at the forefront of fighting for umbrella workers and contractors alike. They've been posting on here for a long time always with good advice.

You'll not find anyone better IMO.

Forget the list the agency give you. They are the ones they get a kickback from so not really a recommendation.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The Best Umbrella
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Go to Contractor Umbrella. They have been at the forefront of fighting for umbrella workers and contractors alike. They've been posting on here for a long time always with good advice.

You'll not find anyone better IMO.

Forget the list the agency give you. They are the ones they get a kickback from so not really a recommendation.
          Unfortunately they are not on the list so not an option.

It is their list or no job. Otherwise I would use my current brolly.

Comment

I bet it's not if push comes to shove. I bet their client won't be pleased to find out they are losing the beat candidate just for a kickback.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have used Pinnacle recently and they seemed to be a decent bunch £17 a week but only for a few weeks.
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 16 March 2016, 17:04. Reason: Phone Number removed

Comment

Unfortunately they are not on the list so not an option.

It is their list or no job. Otherwise I would use my current brolly.
                Always happy to give them a shout if you want and see if there is an "exception to the rule" It does sometimes work!

Comment

small piece of advice; watch out for the ones offering 90% take home on the list

Comment

Originally posted by ContrataxLtd View Post
                    From what I've heard you can't go wrong with Contractor Umbrella and Lisa posts on here quite regularly.
                    Thanking you

Comment

Working...
                    X