• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommendations / Reviews on Umbrella companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look at the AUCAE site.

The members that that follow HMRC guidance are here: All Umbrella Companies Are Equal - Members

The ones that don't are here:Umbrella Companies Are Equal- Ineligible Umbrellas
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Thanks, will do. I still tend to like personal recommendations though The people you deal with can make for a decent working relationship. Or, you know... not.

Comment

Looking at the link above on the list of members - I cannot see Parasol listed? Is this correct or are my eyes playing me up?
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Chowey007 View Post
          Looking at the link above on the list of members - I cannot see Parasol listed? Is this correct or are my eyes playing me up?
          Cheers
          Parasol haven't deigned to become members. They've been asked but not bothered to respond.

Ask an Umbrella Company - All Umbrella Companies Are Equal (Non Members)
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Reviews on Umbrella Companies

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
            Thanks, will do. I still tend to like personal recommendations though The people you deal with can make for a decent working relationship. Or, you know... not.
            I am currently with Clipper Contracting. I worked with them two years ago and found them to be quite accessible and helpful. This is the second time I have joined them, but their administration process has been completely revamped and heavily automated and cannot deal with anything out of ordinary. You are no longer allocated a personal contact to resolve any issues for you and instead you call a call centre and have to queue sometimes for about 15 minutes before your call is answered. Also they now have a rigid accounting formula, that does not allow you to claim for expenses they did not allow for at the start of your contract. Hence you could be paying taxes on allowable expenses such and uniform, tools, computer hardware or even hotel accommodation. This is because the way their computer system is set up. Other umbrella companies I have used have been much more flexible with one off expenses. I don't know if others are better, but best to ring them and ask them as many questions as you want before joining them. Umbrella companies tend to change year on year and it is worth doing your research before committing to one. Hope this is helpful to anyone who is considering joining an umbrella company.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Parasol haven't deigned to become members. They've been asked but not bothered to respond.

Ask an Umbrella Company - All Umbrella Companies Are Equal (Non Members)
              They helped set up the FCSA didn't they? so have their own org that checks compliance for umbrella companies

(edit - question a year old)

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                They helped set up the FCSA didn't they? so have their own org that checks compliance for umbrella companies

(edit - question a year old)
                According to the FCSA website, they are no longer a full accredited member.

Comment

Another list, any good, bad or uglys?

Giant Professional Limited (Company Reg number 07872025)
                  JSA (Company Reg number 02407547)
                  Umbrella Contracts Limited (Company Reg number SC192044)
                  Brookson Solutions Limited (Company Reg number 05975526)
                  Paystream MyMax 3 Limited (Company Reg number 07708464)
                  Independent Contractor Services Limited (Company Reg number 04399985)

Comment

Have you tried searching the forums to see if there is any recent feed back? That list has been posted on here a few times.

Why are you asking by the way? You don't need a brolly according to you posts.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Have you tried searching the forums to see if there is any recent feed back? That list has been posted on here a few times.

Why are you asking by the way? You don't need a brolly according to you posts.
                      Will do. You linked to this thread from another. Guess I was being lazy, but I’ll check.

My contract is up in a couple of months. An extension is going to be offered, which I may take short term, but under an umbrella. Gives me time to get my ltd company dissolved before April 2020 and then I have options to what happens next. I won’t start the new enterprise discussed in other threads till a contract is in place.

Merely keeping my options open at this time.

Comment

Working...
                      X