• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommendations / Reviews on Umbrella companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations / Reviews on Umbrella companies

Hi there,
    Wondering if anyone could be so kind as to provide (current) recommendations on Umbrella companies. I've not used one before.
    Many thanks!

Contractor Umbrella. They post a lot on here and do a lot of work supportibg contractors.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Contractor Umbrella. They post a lot on here and do a lot of work supportibg contractors.
      Thanking you

Comment

I am currently with 'GO PAY CARE' they used to be 'PINNACLE PAY CARE', have been with them for about 6 weeks now and they seem fine. I was a little dubious as they only charge £10 and they are about to drop that again to £7.50......I will stay until the day ever comes where they pee me off and then I will leave but must say they are as good as any I have used before.

Based in Lincoln and I speak with Emma.......0<mod snip>

Comment

Originally posted by BenDover View Post
          I am currently with 'GO PAY CARE' they used to be 'PINNACLE PAY CARE', have been with them for about 6 weeks now and they seem fine. I was a little dubious as they only charge £10 and they are about to drop that again to £7.50......I will stay until the day ever comes where they pee me off and then I will leave but must say they are as good as any I have used before.

Based in Lincoln and I speak with Emma.......<mod snip>
          That margin looks utterly anorexic, never mind thin.

Company valuation on the last accounts £8k. Is there much room to cut margin and still be able to deal with things that go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by BenDover View Post

Based in Lincoln and I speak with Emma.......<mod snip>
            Interesting you say you've been with them for 6 weeks yet 25 weeks ago you said you started with these but 'only for a few week's?

You also had the phone number removed in that post as well.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...ml#post2223724
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post

Company valuation on the last accounts £8k. Is there much room to cut margin and still be able to deal with things that go wrong?
              Possibly some one working off a laptop in his/her bedroom I'd think. Can you get a barge pole long enough?
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Interesting you say you've been with them for 6 weeks yet 25 weeks ago you said you started with these but 'only for a few week's?

You also had the phone number removed in that post as well.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...ml#post2223724
                ...and if it happens a 3rd time, I'll be well ticked and a banhammer will probably appear.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
                  We are currently deducting 1% of net invoice value for our Umbrella solution which equates to around £5.50 on average for our contractors. Smaller operators such as this particular one will indeed struggle to be commercially viable with low fees but larger organisations can succeed due to scale.

Comment

Would anyone care to share their experiences, positive or otherwise, with any of the following umbrella companies: Clipper Contracting Group, Crest Plus, Danbro, Exchequer Solutions, Focused, FPS, Giant Group, Green Lantern, Key Portfolio, NWM, Orange Genie, Parasol, PayStream, and finally Sterling Group.

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X