• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Umbrella - any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kumarz View Post
    Ah sorry, didn't know! So the geographical move in sep2019 was probably a long time coming then

Cool, thanks for explaining. So basically the same offering @ Dolan vs. UC umbrella.
    Yep, in early 2019.

We've tweaked and improved the service in some respects to better cater to our contractors (especially in light of the IR35 reforms).

Kind regards

Zeeshan
    Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Originally posted by kumarz View Post
      hey guys, wondering if anyone's experienced mares since Contractor Umbrella got taken over by Dolan ? The entire team got uprooted at the time (sep2019). Lucy started Clarity Umbrella but unforunately I can't use anything that's not FCSA accredited: so looking at options.
      Also, anybody know if there's much of a difference at this point between the Dolan umbrella offering and that of Contractor Umbrella ?
      I think Simon Dolan has gone back on his yacht as I don't see any posts from him since may2019 ...
      They were great when I started with them in Aug 2019 and my contract manager is great to and has had to handle a huge amount of bulltulip from a dodgy swiss agent that my end client (Indian Outsourcer, big...) made us use (we were since switched to a much less dodgy, though still infuriating indian agent).

However when your personal contract manager isn't there then things fall through the seams a bit, emails don't get replied to and invoices don't get sent unless you chase. So they need to improve there, but I would still recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbrain View Post
        They were great when I started with them in Aug 2019 and my contract manager is great to and has had to handle a huge amount of bulltulip from a dodgy swiss agent that my end client (Indian Outsourcer, big...) made us use (we were since switched to a much less dodgy, though still infuriating indian agent).

However when your personal contract manager isn't there then things fall through the seams a bit, emails don't get replied to and invoices don't get sent unless you chase. So they need to improve there, but I would still recommend.
        Hi splitbrain,

PM sent.

Thanks

Zeeshan
        Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Originally posted by DolanContractorGroup View Post
          Hi splitbrain,

Gagging order and court summons sent.

Thanks

Zeeshan
          FTFY
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            FTFY
            Haha

Not at all. We just wanted to get a better understanding of the issues.

Kind regards

Zeeshan
            Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Originally posted by DolanContractorGroup View Post
              Haha

Not at all. We just wanted to get a better understanding of the issues.

Kind regards

Zeeshan

Thanks for the response, glad you are taking an active role in participating in a public forum, not many do that.

I've actioned your PM.

Comment

Working...
              X