• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Umbrella - any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aftermath of Lucy & co. leaving ?

hey guys, wondering if anyone's experienced mares since Contractor Umbrella got taken over by Dolan ? The entire team got uprooted at the time (sep2019). Lucy started Clarity Umbrella but unforunately I can't use anything that's not FCSA accredited: so looking at options.
    Also, anybody know if there's much of a difference at this point between the Dolan umbrella offering and that of Contractor Umbrella ?
    I think Simon Dolan has gone back on his yacht as I don't see any posts from him since may2019 ...

Comment

Originally posted by kumarz View Post
      hey guys, wondering if anyone's experienced mares since Contractor Umbrella got taken over by Dolan ? The entire team got uprooted at the time (sep2019). Lucy started Clarity Umbrella but unforunately I can't use anything that's not FCSA accredited: so looking at options.
      Also, anybody know if there's much of a difference at this point between the Dolan umbrella offering and that of Contractor Umbrella ?
      I think Simon Dolan has gone back on his yacht as I don't see any posts from him since may2019 ...
      It looks like the CEO of the FCSA will give a confirmation letter while they work towards accreditation. Is that something that would sway your agency / client?

Umbrella Company Compliance - Clarity Umbrella Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        It looks like the CEO of the FCSA will give a confirmation letter while they work towards accreditation. Is that something that would sway your agency / client?

Cross fingers for us, I have managed to get this kick started so watch this space

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          soz, bulge bracket IB via Alexander Mann - zero exceptions

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
            Cross fingers for us, I have managed to get this kick started so watch this space
            Yeah thanks Lucy, I got in touch via your website : cheers for the swift response to that. Sadly a no go for me

Comment

soz, bulge bracket IB via Alexander Mann - zero exceptions
              Spoke with them today - again let's cross fingers

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
                Spoke with them today - again let's cross fingers
                Could you keep us updated with regard to getting on the list for AMS?

Comment

Hi kumarz,

Contractor Umbrella has always been owned by Simon Dolan, even during the SJD days. It's only recently (late 2018) that it was decided to bring both Contractor Umbrella and Dolan Accountancy under the 'Dolan Contractor Group' brand.

From then on Contractor Umbrella has gone from strength to strength, not only increasing the teams but also our contractor base. One of the main differences between Contractor Umbrella of old and new is that we have a lower margin!

Thanks

Zeeshan
                  Last edited by DolanContractorGroup; 30 January 2020, 09:07.
                  Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
                    Could you keep us updated with regard to getting on the list for AMS?
                    Will do

Comment

Originally posted by DolanContractorGroup View Post
                      Contractor Umbrella has always been owned by Simon Dolan, even during the SJD days.
                      Ah sorry, didn't know! So the geographical move in sep2019 was probably a long time coming then

Originally posted by DolanContractorGroup View Post
                      One of the main differences between Contractor Umbrella of old and new is that we have a lower margin!
                      Cool, thanks for explaining. So basically the same offering @ Dolan vs. UC umbrella.

Comment

Working...
                      X