• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question on Umbrella Reviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some constructive criticism of Sterling and how they've dealt with me :-

1. After setup, I tried to arrange a call back to ask a few questions. First time, three hours late - I gave them a one hour window so I could speak at lunchtime. Second time - just did not even call me at all. 3rd time lucky - only after I moaned to their senior person.

2. Pensions. Took 3 emails for someone to reply to my request for info on this. Bottom line is now they will only allow minimum pension to NEST.

3. Contract/schedule of work. Three times asked for copy of schedule of work. Still not recieved 5 weeks in despite several promises.

4. Generally, they ignore the first two emails it seems, and only answer 3rd or if you moan. Then they will promise to do something and then not do it.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I'd mail them links to your posts anonymously. That should get them to step up. There are tons of stories where people complain about a company on twitter and they take swift action. If they know your complaining endlessly about them they may step up?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I'd mail them links to your posts anonymously. That should get them to step up. There are tons of stories where people complain about a company on twitter and they take swift action. If they know your complaining endlessly about them they may step up?
        To be honest, I did complain to the sales director (about the phone call thing) and they did phone me then. Trouble is nothing much changed and it went back to normal.

I just think they really are not bothered and just happy to take the money and do as little as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          To be honest, I did complain to the sales director (about the phone call thing) and they did phone me then. Trouble is nothing much changed and it went back to normal.

I just think they really are not bothered and just happy to take the money and do as little as possible.
          Sounds like it. Now maybe that will be the end of it.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Given that you purchased on price it's hardly surprising that responsiveness isn't there... Equally you are probably seen as a needy customer and one that they may regard as more hassle than its worth...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Given that you purchased on price it's hardly surprising that responsiveness isn't there... Equally you are probably seen as a needy customer and one that they may regard as more hassle than its worth...
              Says who? Come on eek - don't believe everything you read on here mun.

Heres how I selected. Agency gave me a list of suppliers. These were the only one on the trade body list (cant remember what it is - the one that contractor umbrella look after). The price is the same as everyone else I think.

Comment

Originally posted by LillyC View Post
                Hi There

Newbie to contracting here
                So my scenario is the following. I will only be a contractor for a short period of time for an IT role (6m only) then I'm back to permanent roles, this is why I want to use an umbrella company. But I'm really struggling to find how to get reviews of the different umbrella companies I've been provided with.

How can I find reviews about these?

Apex
                Clipper
                Crest
                Danbro
                Giant
                JMK
                NASA Consulting
                NoPalaver
                RACS
                Sterling
                umbrella.co.uk

TIA
                Hi Lilly,

I've got the exact same list of umbrella companies I need to choose from. Can I ask which one did you go for?

Comment

Working...
                X