• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol Umbrella - STAY AWAY

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasol Umbrella - STAY AWAY

Parasol is simply an unprofessional and frustrating company to deal with. When you are in an email chain with them, every email is answered by a new person and is sent as a new email so there is no way to properly keep track of all the emails (and there have been many emails!). When you call them and if you get through to them the phone call magically gets cut off and you don't even get a call back. When you email them and ask them to call you they ask you for a convenient time to call you and then NOT CALL YOU on said time and instead reply with another email apologizing and asking you to call them back if you still have concerns. They don't pay you on time or chase the agency. When I first signed up with them they said they will take care of travel and food expenses and then months later when I go to submit the expenses there is no option to do this in their website. When I call them about this they said the rules changed a few months ago and now they don't pay expenses.

Just an awful outfit to be dealing with.

Any recommendations for a good umbrella company? I definitely want to switch.
    Last edited by LondonContractor101; 1 June 2017, 10:33.

Originally posted by LondonContractor101 View Post
    Parasol is simply an unprofessional and frustrating company to deal with. When you are in an email chain with them, every email is answered by a new person and is sent as a new email so there is no way to properly keep track of all the emails (and there have been many emails!). When you call them and if you get through to them the phone call magically gets cut off and you don't even get a call back. When you email them and ask them to call you they ask you for a convenient time to call you and then NOT CALL YOU on said time and instead reply with another email apologizing and asking you to call them back if you still have concerns. They don't pay you on time or chase the agency. When I first signed up with them they said they will take care of travel and food expenses and then months later when I go to submit the expenses there is no option to do this in their website. When I call them about this they said the rules changed a few months ago and now they don't pay expenses.

Comment

I'd recommend Contractor Umbrella. Lucy posts on here regularly with lots of good solid advice and does a lot of work towards helping contractors fight legislation.

She also knows everything there is to know about why we pay employers NI. Don't forget to ask her to explain it when you speak to her.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

QDOS are superb.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Don't forget to ask her to explain it when you speak to her.
          Bored now

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
            Bored now
            Lisa was so much better. When angry she would rather than

Comment

Originally posted by LondonContractor101 View Post

Are they same company as Sterling? Sounds like their MO. Avoid them too!
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Are they same company as Sterling? Sounds like their MO. Avoid them too!
                Wouldn't you have found that out when you were researching Sterling before joining them?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

AVOID Parasol!

So it's been another week of back and forth of emails where a new employee of Parasol emails me every time saying I should give them yet another convenient time to call. As previously they haven't called me on the time I asked them to, I have repeatedly told them that they can call me literally anytime they want. I've said this is more than one email but still there is no word from Parasol. This is just pathetic. DO NOT DEAL WITH PARASOL.

Comment

Working...
                  X