• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on using an umbrella company for first time (& query about why contract with u

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they offering to sign you up to Professional Passport as well?
    No, Professional Passport is just something that came up when I was searching for stuff about them.

My due diligence usually amounts to Googling, "[name] + scam", "[name] + avoid". Not sure how effective that is - just better than nothing, maybe.

Right - I'm getting back to the beach, these paddle surfs aren't going to paddle themselves .

Comment

Originally posted by ginjar View Post
      It would indeed but not great enough to sacrifice 7 day payment terms, which is the one really good thing I'm getting out of the arrangement.

Might as well be in nanoseconds compared to how long it usually takes via ltd company!
      But that's 7 days from a company you've got concerns with. I'd rather 14 days from a company I trust but you are doing the right thing with your diligence.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X