• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non-UK EEC citizen with short term contract in UK, any specific advice/caveats?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-UK EEC citizen with short term contract in UK, any specific advice/caveats?

I am Italian, so EEC, got a 3 month contract in UK. Probably will not continue contracting after that, surely not more than one year.
    Would like to know if there are umbrella companies with expertise/skills for this situation and would be grateful to hear any advice, in particular caveats, points of attention, potential problems.

My priority is not to get/save as much money as possible but to be as sure as possible that the umbrella company works in the right way, makes no mistakes and there will be no trailing problems.

(I worked in UK as contractor in 1993 for one year, through an umbrella company, but don't remember much and at the time did not look into how things were working)

If being a non-UK EEC citizen makes no difference and so no experience/expertise with this situation is required to umbrella companies please tell me explictly

Hi enrico200165, if you worked here previously, do you still have the National Insurance Number and a UK bank account? If you do then there should be no issues...

Comment

I still have National Insurance Number but no bank account.

Can Umbrella companies pay into non-UK banks?

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
      Hi enrico200165, if you worked here previously, do you still have the National Insurance Number and a UK bank account? If you do then there should be no issues...

Comment

Originally posted by enrico200165 View Post
        I still have National Insurance Number but no bank account.

Can Umbrella companies pay into non-UK banks?
        Not easily so it will cost you money. However you should be able to get a personal bank account without that much issue once you are here
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
        X