• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giant Umbrella Mortgage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rovingclimber View Post
    Because it's not information about *me*. It's a contract between Giant and a third party to supply a service.

Anyone had similar issue?
    It is information about you.

You need to understand that while you may be working through Giant, the only reason you are working through them is because you brought them a contract. They did not go out and find work for you.

When it comes time for contract renewal, is it Giant who approaches the client/agent and holds discussions with them about rates or is it you?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      It is information about you.

You need to understand that while you may be working through Giant, the only reason you are working through them is because you brought them a contract. They did not go out and find work for you.

When it comes time for contract renewal, is it Giant who approaches the client/agent and holds discussions with them about rates or is it you?
      Well generally it goes the other way around, the client looks to renew the service, they contact Giant then Giant ask me if I will renew. Giant then sign a new contract on that basis.

I understand I am the worker providing the service behind the contract, and I agree, I would have expected access to it, but both Giant and the client have stated in writing that they do not and will not release contract documents. I'm presuming therefore that this is not uncommon and I'm hoping someone out there must have run into this problem before and / or found a way around it.

Comment

You should be able to take a copy of your contract of employment and ask for a reference from Giant. I am aware that some of our contractors have managed without issues, but I think most have gone through the Halifax for this... also seems bizarre that they wouldn't provide this to you, at the end of the day they would need your approval of the terms before they signed... unless I am missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
          ... unless I am missing something?
          I think you, and the rest of us, possibly are missing something.

Given the OP's style of posting on here, it's possible that the question he asked Giant, or the way he asked it, made it sound like he wanted something else.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
            ... unless I am missing something?
            Yesterday 22:43

A life?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Yesterday 22:43

A life?
              I like to call it commitment Northern Lad

Comment

Unlucky

Giant do not tell the truth. They do not act professionally. They give you a estimated take home and actually take more than they said. Avoid. Worse Umbrella. Can't tell you when you will get paid or how much. And you pay for that Service.Avoid.

Comment

Working...
                X