• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stay away from Payerise Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hannah335 View Post
    Hi,

Are any of you still having trouble with Payerise and tax? I too have been scammed and I can’t quite believe it! I was always employed up to the point that I went to work for a Locum Agency who subsequently recommended Payerise so had always had my taxes dealt with.

Having signed a contract stating I was employed by Payerise and paying them for this service (£15 a week) I naively assumed that my taxes would be dealt with properly. It turns out they have been taking money from me weekly for the past year and a half, stating “tax deduction” on my pay slip but have only paid a snippet to HMRC. I really don’t know what to do as they have now gone into Liquidation and I keep getting palmed off my people I talk to on the phone.

Have any of you been in contact with a solicitor? I don’t really want to throw money at a solicitor but I’m going to end up with a massive tax bill if this situation is not rectified. Any advice/guidance would be greatly received!
    Where do I start. Just like you, I am stuck with the possibility of a very hefty bill. In hindsight I should have consulted an accountant immediately after the first payslip popped into my inbox.

PAYERISE was actually recommended and pushed on to me by my agency, who claimed it was compliant. That is an issue I will deal with later.

That said and done, I had an indepth conversation with HMRC, explaining my and that of many's predicament following the liquidation of PAYERISE. HMRC have offered little hope in that I can attempt to send a letter, and my payslips explaining that money was deducted to pay the tax and the company has gone into liquidation whilst holding these monies. This can then be viewed as a loss. My accountant recons this is a long shot, and exercise in futility, but it is worth a try (what more else can we lose).

Comment

Hi Hoperessed, sorry to hear that you have been caught by this too, HMRC will always look to see what personal taxes have not been paid and chase you for these unfortunately, the company will only be liable for the employment taxes that have been avoided.

Comment

Hello there,

Looks like I've been dragged into this mess also, should have done some research but again I was recommended by an agency in 2014, only worked 8 weeks luckily. The letter I got today from HMRC is about accounts 2016 onwards, strange thing is I've not worked for them since 2014, only dealings is from July this year when they sent me some money for no reason and a payslip for work that I've not done, go figure??

Anyone know what could be going on here? I've contacted HMRC and am awaiting a call back.

Cheers.

edit; remove identifying entry.
        Last edited by Superhans; 7 November 2018, 09:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Superhans View Post
          The letter I got today from HMRC is about accounts 2016 onwards, strange thing is I've not worked for them since 2014, only dealings is from July this year when they sent me ~£800 for no reason and a payslip for work that I've not done, go figure??
          How bizarre - did they tax you on that £800 on the payslip?

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
            How bizarre - did they tax you on that £800 on the payslip?
            Hi,

Very, I've sent HMRC all the info I've got on them and no the PAYE column is zeros.

Be interesting to see where this goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Superhans View Post
              Be interesting to see where this goes.
              Let us know how you get on... and best of luck!

Comment

Has anyone taken legal action against payerise

Originally posted by AnotherVictim of Payerise View Post
                I joined them after recommendation, looking for a PAYE payroll service.
                They said I had to be taxed at 42% as a high rate earner.

After a 3-4 months when I asked for a P60 they presented a minimum taxable amount. Rest of the net income came into a form of a dividend voucher. They also gave me a statement of earnings clearly saying gross and net amounts.

I was receiving weekly payslips with Gross pay and net pay and NI deductions but also with a strange ‘Tax and expenses’ line on the bottom left of the payslip but it never crossed my mind that they would deviate from a pure PAYE service into something I still can not comprehend.

Despite all these discrepancies they keep reassuring that they will pay the tax when they calculate their tax return just before January.

They said that they deduct what they agreed with me(the take away percentage) and when they complete my tax return they will calculate the tax due on my income with them and pay this to HMRC.

If they have deducted more tax than was needed they keep that as part of their charges, I don’t get any back.

That was not explained to me when I decided to go with them.

They also won’t pay tax due on any other income I may have such as tax due on any other dividends that I may have.

If they are going to pay the tax that is owed.. I am wondering..... on what income basis do they pay this tax for?

They have already generated a P60 for my employment and paid a minimum tax on it..... so that is what is declared... correct? Rest vanished

If they were to pay the tax owed they would have to generate another P60 which is not possible, right?

Do they pay a collective tax for all of their employees then as a company? I do not get it.. How they justify the rest of my gross income coming in their pocket, as what?.. as Ltd’s income, paying 20% tax?

Someone shed some light explain please, how do they operate..?

Thanks.
                Hi did you get any legal advice for taking
                Action against Payerise ?

Comment

Payerise

Has anyone got any legal advice in relation to illegal activity by Payerise ?

Comment

Originally posted by Social7 View Post
                    Has anyone got any legal advice in relation to illegal activity by Payerise ?
                    Exactly what do you believe they have done that is illegal? We get so many posts from people jumping straight in to 'legal' and most of them are not at all.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Exactly what do you believe they have done that is illegal? We get so many posts from people jumping straight in to 'legal' and most of them are not at all.
                      They showed That they were deducting tax on my payslips but there was very little tax paid on my P60 ? I believe that is illegal .

Comment

Working...
                      X