Stay away from Payerise Umbrella Stay away from Payerise Umbrella - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 31 to 33 of 33

Nervous Newbie

Default Please share the outcome of your conversation with HMRC

Quote Originally Posted by Hoperessed View Post
    Where do I start. Just like you, I am stuck with the possibility of a very hefty bill. In hindsight I should have consulted an accountant immediately after the first payslip popped into my inbox.

PAYERISE was actually recommended and pushed on to me by my agency, who claimed it was compliant. That is an issue I will deal with later.

That said and done, I had an indepth conversation with HMRC, explaining my and that of many's predicament following the liquidation of PAYERISE. HMRC have offered little hope in that I can attempt to send a letter, and my payslips explaining that money was deducted to pay the tax and the company has gone into liquidation whilst holding these monies. This can then be viewed as a loss. My accountant recons this is a long shot, and exercise in futility, but it is worth a try (what more else can we lose).

Hi , could you please share the outcome ? Did HMRC consider your situation or were you asked to pay more tax ?

Nervous Newbie

Default HMRC self assessment letters received!

hello

i am joining this forum late but I guess that after seeing these comments that I too have been scammed by payerise ltd. They have gone into liquidation and HMRC want me to provide more details. I knew there was something wrong with those dodgy payslips and now I realise that I was in paid in the form of a loan by the company. A loan the company would never be paying back. Now i have to go through all my records and send to hmrc. fingers crossed that i wont get stung too much.

Thanks to all

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Hoperessed View Post
    Where do I start. Just like you, I am stuck with the possibility of a very hefty bill. In hindsight I should have consulted an accountant immediately after the first payslip popped into my inbox.

PAYERISE was actually recommended and pushed on to me by my agency, who claimed it was compliant. That is an issue I will deal with later.

That said and done, I had an indepth conversation with HMRC, explaining my and that of many's predicament following the liquidation of PAYERISE. HMRC have offered little hope in that I can attempt to send a letter, and my payslips explaining that money was deducted to pay the tax and the company has gone into liquidation whilst holding these monies. This can then be viewed as a loss. My accountant recons this is a long shot, and exercise in futility, but it is worth a try (what more else can we lose).
    HEllo, I am also a victim as I am now chased by HMRC to complete self assessment tax forms and now also 'disguised remuneration loan charge' report because it was a tax avoidance scheme....grrrrr