• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stay away from Payerise Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay away from Payerise Umbrella

I joined them after recommendation, looking for a PAYE payroll service.
    They said I had to be taxed at 42% as a high rate earner.

After a 3-4 months when I asked for a P60 they presented a minimum taxable amount. Rest of the net income came into a form of a dividend voucher. They also gave me a statement of earnings clearly saying gross and net amounts.

I was receiving weekly payslips with Gross pay and net pay and NI deductions but also with a strange ‘Tax and expenses’ line on the bottom left of the payslip but it never crossed my mind that they would deviate from a pure PAYE service into something I still can not comprehend.

Despite all these discrepancies they keep reassuring that they will pay the tax when they calculate their tax return just before January.

They said that they deduct what they agreed with me(the take away percentage) and when they complete my tax return they will calculate the tax due on my income with them and pay this to HMRC.

If they have deducted more tax than was needed they keep that as part of their charges, I don’t get any back.

That was not explained to me when I decided to go with them.

They also won’t pay tax due on any other income I may have such as tax due on any other dividends that I may have.

If they are going to pay the tax that is owed.. I am wondering..... on what income basis do they pay this tax for?

They have already generated a P60 for my employment and paid a minimum tax on it..... so that is what is declared... correct? Rest vanished

If they were to pay the tax owed they would have to generate another P60 which is not possible, right?

Do they pay a collective tax for all of their employees then as a company? I do not get it.. How they justify the rest of my gross income coming in their pocket, as what?.. as Ltd’s income, paying 20% tax?

Someone shed some light explain please, how do they operate..?

Thanks.
    Last edited by AnotherVictim of Payerise; 27 June 2018, 18:01.

I think that you'll find that you will be responsible for any additional taxes, not part of your declared Salary (ie "dividends")?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Ermm

I think that you need to read the contract that you have with them, and conduct a reconciliation of your "contract income" against the "P60" that you have received from them?

The contract will govern the relationship between you and them. The P60 will break down your "income".

They will not pay any more tax, out of their own pockets, on your behalf, unless they are holding unreleased funds, as a contingency (which would be very odd, indeed).*

* - This sentence doesn't scan very well, but I can't be bothered to reconstruct it.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Sounds like they are scamming you.
        I would get some legal help and haul their backside into a court.
        I would not just claim everything they withheld (including their fee), but also legal fees and compensation for emotional distress and wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotslaw View Post
          Sounds like they are scamming you.
          I would get some legal help and haul their backside into a court.
          I would not just claim everything they withheld (including their fee), but also legal fees and compensation for emotional distress and wasting my time.
          That is what I am now planning to do...

I do not really see any way out of it that they would actually pay anything at all apart from the tax owed on the poor P60 that they presented... and that is a few hundred pounds only.

Furious, angry and ready to chase them even if it is to loose money on expenses.
          I will do anything I can not to allow to these scams to profit so ruthlessly.. how can they even exist?

Comment

I would speak with Michael Perry - he should be able to provide you with some decent advice as to where you stand!

Comment

Has any one taken a legal action against Payerise ? Please advise .

I have been scammed by Payerise as well . My p60 shows very little tax paid whereas they were deducting lot of money on my payslips in expenses . I raised it with my agency but they assured me that they have audited them and they are fully HMRC compliant .its a shame that big agencies like hays are advertising and pushing contractors to go for bogus umbrella companies like Payerise .

I am not sure how to pursue this further and take them to the court . If someone has taken any legal action against them then it will be really helpful if you can offer advice .

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherVictim of Payerise View Post
                I joined them after recommendation, looking for a PAYE payroll service.
                They said I had to be taxed at 42% as a high rate earner.

After a 3-4 months when I asked for a P60 they presented a minimum taxable amount. Rest of the net income came into a form of a dividend voucher. They also gave me a statement of earnings clearly saying gross and net amounts.

I was receiving weekly payslips with Gross pay and net pay and NI deductions but also with a strange ‘Tax and expenses’ line on the bottom left of the payslip but it never crossed my mind that they would deviate from a pure PAYE service into something I still can not comprehend.

Despite all these discrepancies they keep reassuring that they will pay the tax when they calculate their tax return just before January.

They said that they deduct what they agreed with me(the take away percentage) and when they complete my tax return they will calculate the tax due on my income with them and pay this to HMRC.

If they have deducted more tax than was needed they keep that as part of their charges, I don’t get any back.

That was not explained to me when I decided to go with them.

They also won’t pay tax due on any other income I may have such as tax due on any other dividends that I may have.

If they are going to pay the tax that is owed.. I am wondering..... on what income basis do they pay this tax for?

They have already generated a P60 for my employment and paid a minimum tax on it..... so that is what is declared... correct? Rest vanished

If they were to pay the tax owed they would have to generate another P60 which is not possible, right?

Do they pay a collective tax for all of their employees then as a company? I do not get it.. How they justify the rest of my gross income coming in their pocket, as what?.. as Ltd’s income, paying 20% tax?

Someone shed some light explain please, how do they operate..?

Thanks.
                Did you pursue a legal action against Payerise ?

Comment

I have heard from multiple sources that payerise have ceased trading but that another company called great friendly payroll has stepped in and taken over the operation.

I have also been told that one former customer / victim has had a letter from the new company requesting the repayment of “loans” which if true is pretty much taking back the workers wages!

Comment

Originally posted by Togoodtobetrue View Post
                    I have heard from multiple sources that payerise have ceased trading but that another company called great friendly payroll has stepped in and taken over the operation.

I have also been told that one former customer / victim has had a letter from the new company requesting the repayment of “loans” which if true is pretty much taking back the workers wages!
                    Be interesting to see how long they last... QUOTE: "We run multiple payrolls each day and if you ever need us to advance a candidate we will do a 100% advance on the same day for free."

Comment

Working...
                    X