• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I claim redundancy when Umbrella enters liquidation? Other ways to recoup losses?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much pain

I was caught up with Crystal and am now leaving pendragon after all these issues with tax. The first I noticed when they changed the bank on the invoices to the pendragon client account without even moving me to another company which was dodgy.

I didn't manage to download my pay slips for some period of the last tax year so I'm unable to prove what I earned and what tax was paid. After several calls with Karen on the liquidators I was able to get my tax amendment sent to HMRC but it's only been today after 3 phone calls that they have changed my tax code from a K to a L.

They still are saying I owe 8k so I am going to have to go through my statements and compare these with the HMRC portal. I did however notice that the figure they are sending to HMRC did not take away pension, expenses or student loan off the taxable income and thus causing an over payment. I am going to try and see how much this totals with the records I have and see what I can claw back.

Has anyone that is missing pay slips managed to get them back from either the liquidators or the actual hosting company?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Lonsdale View Post
      Has anyone that is missing pay slips managed to get them back from either the liquidators or the actual hosting company?
      Did they ever get to a point of issuing a P60 for you? Or have the liquidators ever got round to issuing a P45?

Comment

Originally posted by midlandlass View Post
        Did they ever get to a point of issuing a P60 for you? Or have the liquidators ever got round to issuing a P45?
        No they have never issued a p45 or p60. After talking to them the company that was hosting the site with the pay slips was demanding a lot of money for the data so they couldn't get it

Comment

Working...
        X