• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Umbrella

Good evening

Anyone else experiencing issues with same day payments from Contractor Umbrella?

My agency paid them last Friday but I didn't receive payment.

Telephoned first thing this morning to be told that yes they had received payment and that I would be paid later today.

Well here we are at 18:45 and still no payment!

Anyone else?

Originally posted by Beany View Post
    Good evening

Anyone else experiencing issues with same day payments from Contractor Umbrella?

My agency paid them last Friday but I didn't receive payment.

Telephoned first thing this morning to be told that yes they had received payment and that I would be paid later today.

Well here we are at 18:45 and still no payment!

Anyone else?
    So sorry to hear that Beany, could you email me so I can get to the bottom of this for you and get it resolved and dealt with accordingly.
    Thanks, Lucy

Comment

CU

I hate to ressurect old posts, but this is very relevant to me.

I've been using CU for a year now, with no real issues. However, my latest "invoice" has been an issue:

I completed my March Time sheet on the 29th, was told by my ELO that it had been approved and the invoice issued, so far so good. I have an arrangement with the client, that they will enter invoice into the first pay run of the month (10th). If it had gone to plan, I should have been paid on Friday (12th) as per past experience. On Monday, I asked the client if my invoice had been processed, only to be told that they hadn't seen it. Mild panic, email my ELO asking for a copy of said invoice. I then checked on the CU portal, find that my timesheet hadn't been approved and no invoice. I called ELO, "yes" he said, it had been raised and I asked for a copy. I then logged back in to the Portal and lo and behold, the timesheet has been approved, at the same time I called the ELO!

I then get a copy of the invoice, not dated the 29th (as originally told) but the 8th April (over a week later). I passed this on to the client, who being an understanding one, proceeds to make a sameday payment at 12:00pm. I informed said ELO that they were doing so; followed that up with a confirmation that it had been and again with a when I am being paid chaser.

Call me old fashioned, but if I had (CU'd) a customers invoice and "wriggled" around my obvious mistake, I would have done my utmost to appease said customer and done whatever I could to fix it. Instead I get a "tough" you are too late and won't be paid reply, followed by a "by the way" I've been made redundant as CU are moving to Tring, here is your new ELO, she will deal with it.

Now (still being old fashioned) I ask my new ELO why the above happened? Do I get a grovelling reply? No, I get "we hadn't received the original payment and when we did, it was too late for yesterdays payroll" That isn't an explanation as to why I had been mislead about time sheet approval and invoicing date.

Not good "customer service"; now looking for another Umbrella, any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyD15 View Post
        I hate to ressurect old posts, but this is very relevant to me.

I've been using CU for a year now, with no real issues. However, my latest "invoice" has been an issue:

I completed my March Time sheet on the 29th, was told by my ELO that it had been approved and the invoice issued, so far so good. I have an arrangement with the client, that they will enter invoice into the first pay run of the month (10th). If it had gone to plan, I should have been paid on Friday (12th) as per past experience. On Monday, I asked the client if my invoice had been processed, only to be told that they hadn't seen it. Mild panic, email my ELO asking for a copy of said invoice. I then checked on the CU portal, find that my timesheet hadn't been approved and no invoice. I called ELO, "yes" he said, it had been raised and I asked for a copy. I then logged back in to the Portal and lo and behold, the timesheet has been approved, at the same time I called the ELO!

I then get a copy of the invoice, not dated the 29th (as originally told) but the 8th April (over a week later). I passed this on to the client, who being an understanding one, proceeds to make a sameday payment at 12:00pm. I informed said ELO that they were doing so; followed that up with a confirmation that it had been and again with a when I am being paid chaser.

Call me old fashioned, but if I had (CU'd) a customers invoice and "wriggled" around my obvious mistake, I would have done my utmost to appease said customer and done whatever I could to fix it. Instead I get a "tough" you are too late and won't be paid reply, followed by a "by the way" I've been made redundant as CU are moving to Tring, here is your new ELO, she will deal with it.

Now (still being old fashioned) I ask my new ELO why the above happened? Do I get a grovelling reply? No, I get "we hadn't received the original payment and when we did, it was too late for yesterdays payroll" That isn't an explanation as to why I had been mislead about time sheet approval and invoicing date.

Not good "customer service"; now looking for another Umbrella, any suggestions?
        Are you saying that CU are responsible for signing your timesheets that trigger the payment cycle?

Rather than bitching on here about one of the best umbrellas on the market, how about you email Lucy and ask her for an explanation?

And no, I am not a CU customer.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

"Bitching"

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Are you saying that CU are responsible for signing your timesheets that trigger the payment cycle?

Rather than bitching on here about one of the best umbrellas on the market, how about you email Lucy and ask her for an explanation?

And no, I am not a CU customer.
          Thank you for the lovely supportive comments!

CU approve the timesheet that triggers the invoice YES! But they lied and told me had been done when it wasn't!

I've "bitched" to my Liaison Oficer, the one appointed by CU to actually deal with issues:

"Our Guarantee to You

If we do not meet the care levels set out above, please contact your Employee Liaison Officer so we can investigate and act accordingly." - from their website!!

He has failed to address the issue, mislead me about the invoice and failed to provide an explanation; instead he handed it over to another ELO, who has also failed to address the issue.

Again, from the CU website:

"5. Are there any service level guarantees?
          At ContractorUmbrella, we take customer service extremely seriously. We have set-up a Commitment Charter to ensure all contractor employees and clients of ContractorUmbrella Ltd receive the same high levels of customer service. If we do not meet the levels set out in the charter, we will process your next invoice free of charge!"

They haven't offered this (yet) but it might be too late.....

Lovely comment from you too about "one of the best" "but I'm not a customer" if they treated you the same, then you probably wouldn't be....

AND thank you for being so helpful and supportive..............

Comment

Yeah, whatever. I've probably known Lisa and her work for a lot longer than you have. One trivial glitch in a your one year's experience and you want out. Well that's your call, I was merely expressing an opinion, If you don't like hearing opinions, don't post criticisms of organisations that have done a huge amount to help contractors in general and expect instant sympathy.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Yeah, whatever. I've probably known Lisa and her work for a lot longer than you have. One trivial glitch in a your one year's experience and you want out. Well that's your call, I was merely expressing an opinion, If you don't like hearing opinions, don't post criticisms of organisations that have done a huge amount to help contractors in general and expect instant sympathy.
              Lisa or Lucy?

I don't consider not getting paid a trivial glitch! I also object to being "misled" by the people I am paying a service for! That isn't trivial either!

Try the shoe on the other foot, but perhaps you know it all already?

I may not expect instant sympathy from those like you, but I do expect them (CU) to have the decency to answer my questions and not LIE to me....
              Last edited by AndyD15; 16 April 2019, 13:04.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyD15 View Post
                Lisa or Lucy?

I don't consider not getting paid a trivial glitch! I also object to being "misled" by the people I am paying a service for! That isn't trivial either!

Try the shoe on the other foot, but perhaps you know it all already?

I may not expect instant sympathy from those like you, but I do expect them (CU) to have the decency to answer my questions and not LIE to me....
                I usually got paid one month in arrears, Worst case was 90 days late, but 30 was not uncommon. One week is trivial in my case, I accept it may not be in yours.

And I don't recall lying in my posts... unless you consider a spell-checked typo a lie.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I usually got paid one month in arrears, Worst case was 90 days late, but 30 was not uncommon. One week is trivial in my case, I accept it may not be in yours.

And I don't recall lying in my posts... unless you consider a spell-checked typo a lie.
                  Please re-read my comment. I didn't accuse you of lying, but rather the ELO at CU! He told me (by email) that he had raised the invoice and approved the timesheet on the 29th of March, when clearly he hadn't (invoice dated 8th March and Timesheet approved 15th March) if he had done what he had said then none of this would have arisen.

I am used to 30 days in arrears, but the client made a mistake previously in paying an invoice and has set up the arrangement I mentioned in my original post. I still get paid monthly (usually)

Peace.

Comment

Hi Andy

I am so sorry to hear of the issues you have had, I have sent you a PM to address this

Comment

Working...
                    X