• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrellas for abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrellas for abroad

Any experiences with using umbrellas for work with EU clients? Perhaps physically living in a different EU country?

Can I do it? And are there major disadvantages when it comes to deductions etc?

What if I am already abroad (legally)?

Hi there,

It is possible to work overseas via an umbrella company, providing that umbrella company has the appropriate registrations in the country where the work takes place.

There is s sticky in the main accounting forum which has the basics and you may find some answers there:-

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ief-guide.html

If you have an specific query please do feel free to ask.

HTH

Comment

Hi it depends on a few things, how long the assignment is likely to be, in most cases if over 183 days then tax residency will fall in the country you are working, if under that then you may still be able to work through a UK based company.

If you live abroad then again it all falls down to where your tax residency will lie

Comment

International Umbrella Companies

Can anyone recommend a reliable and trustworthy international umbrella company? Looking to move to Spain as a resident and work remotely for my UK client.

Was recommended to go autonomo, but seems like a lot of paper work and process to go through.

Comment

Try International Umbrella - not sure if they can help but worth a call

Comment

Working...
          X