• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best umbrella out of this list of 6

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best umbrella out of this list of 6

Hi,

Client wants me to use an umbrella from their approved supplier list but there seems to be horror stories for all of them when I search this board and google.

Anyone currently or in the last year used any of the following and had either good or bas experience.

Danbro
    Orange Genie
    Giant
    Paystream
    Clipper Contracting
    Brookson One

I appreciate I'd be wise prehaps to go back to the client and request to use a brolly of my choice prehaps the highly recommended Lucy from this board, but for the sake of this thread lets not presume this is possible.

Also I note some reviews on this board are old threads from 2012.

So if anyone wants to share their experience and prehaps get a bit of a satisfication if their experience stops me using them when they've had bad recent service fire away - or alternatively if you've had great experience of the above companies please let me know.

In interest of the please search this forum comments, I'll proceed to do so now but any advice shared will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

This has been asked quite a few times before so I'd suggest doing a search using the Google method.

(brolly name) site:forums.contractoruk.com
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RichG View Post
      Hi,

Client wants me to use an umbrella from their approved supplier list but there seems to be horror stories for all of them when I search this board and google.

Anyone currently or in the last year used any of the following and had either good or bas experience.

Danbro
      Orange Genie
      Giant
      Paystream
      Clipper Contracting
      Brookson One

I appreciate I'd be wise prehaps to go back to the client and request to use a brolly of my choice prehaps the highly recommended Lucy from this board, but for the sake of this thread lets not presume this is possible.

Also I note some reviews on this board are old threads from 2012.

So if anyone wants to share their experience and prehaps get a bit of a satisfication if their experience stops me using them when they've had bad recent service fire away - or alternatively if you've had great experience of the above companies please let me know.

In interest of the please search this forum comments, I'll proceed to do so now but any advice shared will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
      Currently using Paystream for an inside IR35 contract without any issues, this has been for the last 15 months, agency is Hudson, submit timesheet by Tuesday funds in bank account on Friday.

Comment

i had this and all their approved suppliers were the dodgy offshore umbrellas

make sure the one you use isnt

danbro dont look like crooks

Contractor Calculator - Calculate your Take Home Pay - Danbro

Comment

Search the forum for their IT meltdown last year, no pay, phones switched off, emails ignored.

Comment

I’ve heard good things about Brookson one.
            PayStream are fine but like to get you on limited company and sell you their insurance and overpriced fees. They also send you 12 reminders about how they can do your tax return for JUST £240 + VAT. I do like their portal though.

I know several people who’ve been with Giant and they’ve no complaints.

Comment

Giant have had HMRC issues in the past I.e rolling up holiday pay etc and have relaunched several times

Comment

Working...
              X