• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella company charge - what is HMRC Comany cost charge for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella company charge - what is HMRC Comany cost charge for?

I have been charged an amount for HMRC Company costs? I have tried emailing them with no response to ask because there is nothing in their contract to explain this and I can’t find anything on the internet to explain it??

Do they mean Employers NI?

Who is the umbrella?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Do they mean Employers NI?

No it says HMRC Company charges on my payslip!

Who is the umbrella?

The cinch group

Comment

Well thats a new one!!!

If you want to email it over to me I can look at the amount and try and work out what it refers to, but my guess is either Employers NI or Apprenticeship Levy.

Comment

Originally posted by Queeny44 View Post
          I have been charged an amount for HMRC Company costs? I have tried emailing them with no response to ask because there is nothing in their contract to explain this and I can’t find anything on the internet to explain it??
          Hi Queeny44,

Did you ever find out what the charge was? Was it the Apprenticeship Levy amount as I suspect, or was it the total amount for all employment costs?

Was this your first payslip with the company?

Kind regards

Zeeshan
          Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

I can’t find anything on the internet to explain it??
            This link may help.

Comment

Hi Queenie,

Were you able to get to the bottom of those charges? I'd be interested in chatting to you about it if possible. Please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by angryharfoot1986 View Post

Hi Queenie,

Were you able to get to the bottom of those charges? I'd be interested in chatting to you about it if possible. Please let me know.
                Queenie44 was last online on 14 March 2019, 07:48 - I wouldn't hold out much hope on getting a response.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post

This link may help.
                  That link was interesting. Go back to the previous entry, about the 24 month rule, and it all looks horribly familiar.

Can I claim royalties?
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                  X