• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Change to legislation - hours not just days?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change to legislation - hours not just days?

Currently working via umbrella.

Inside IR35 contract but is PWD. Previously I just put 1 per day, total 5 per week.

Now their saying recent legislation means hours have to go on as well.

Any truth in this?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I can only imagine its something to do with the Winchester case and deemed employment. If that's the case your client might be more interested in hours to prove they are complying with rules around legally obliged breaks.
    Rest breaks at work - GOV.UK

You could ask them what legislation but I'd imagine they don't really have a clue so not worth pressing them on it. My money would be they've mentioned legislation just to scare you in to not making a scene.

Does it really affect you in any way?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

also holiday pay entitlement accrues on overtime as well as regular hours, and any umbrella just logging days is vulnerable to a contractor turning round and saying they were working 20 hour days and had been underpaid holiday pay

quite a complex set of laws and regs around this now

Comment

All down to the Taylor Review - meaning hours and days must be specified on any payslip and every employee has the 'right' to a slip... This is the first part of the review to kick in.

Payslip policy: a guide to the 2019 legislation - GOV.UK

Comment

Thanks all. My payslip has been showing as 5 days 7.5 hours per day for two years now - I didn't tell the umbrella the hours they just assumed.

Previously, the agency timesheet just had 1.0 per day for total of 5 days.

Doesn't make any odds to me to be honest....

Comment

To clarify the agency are saying I have to do this on their timesheet - the umbrella, as above, have just been assuming for years.

Comment

Have you ever thought that maybe you’re just not cut out for contracting?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Thanks all. My payslip has been showing as 5 days 7.5 hours per day for two years now - I didn't tell the umbrella the hours they just assumed.

Previously, the agency timesheet just had 1.0 per day for total of 5 days.

Doesn't make any odds to me to be honest....
                Why bring it up then?

dear, oh dear............

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  Why bring it up then?

dear, oh dear............
                  It's important he knows so he can refer to them as unprofessional bell ends for wasting his time in future made up stories.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X