• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency wont use my Umbrella company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency wont use my Umbrella company

The agency I am currently working through have said they can no longer use my umbrella company which I have been working through since last year on this contact and a few years before on others. They will not pay me until my umbrella has changed over which I have done this week, but wont be paid until next week, so two weeks without being paid.

Can they do this mid contract and refuse to pay me until I change over?

You have agreed so its a done deal.

They might have been a dodgy umbrella and might be saving you a lot of money. Or they might be getting a kickback from the new umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You have agreed so its a done deal.

They might have been a dodgy umbrella and might be saving you a lot of money. Or they might be getting a kickback from the new umbrella.
      I was told that I would be paid this week through my previous umbrella company but have only been told today that I would not be. I have used this umbrella company while working on huge contracts for government depts so they should be legit. I expect theres a kick back for them but surely they shouldn't be allowed to not pay you because they dont meet the agency requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagans88 View Post
        I was told that I would be paid this week through my previous umbrella company but have only been told today that I would not be. I have used this umbrella company while working on huge contracts for government depts so they should be legit. I expect theres a kick back for them but surely they shouldn't be allowed to not pay you because they dont meet the agency requirements.
        You could have dug your heels in? At least asked why.

It would help if you named the old umbrella and say if you were told to switch to a particular umbrella. Or one from a panel. Or were told to use any one but the old one.

The thing is, what is done is done.

Comment

When you say "umbrella", is this "umbrella" based in the UK or offshore?
          Perhaps you could name the two "umbrellas" that are in play?
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

My old umbrella company is Azebra who are based in Rickmansworth and the new one is Churchill Knight. They said I needed to move umbrella company due to Azebra not wanting to show my agency what they have paid in tax for the previous year.

Comment

My old umbrella company is Azebra who are based in Rickmansworth and the new one is Churchill Knight. They said I needed to move umbrella company due to Azebra not wanting to show my agency what they have paid in tax for the previous year.
              Due to legislation such as the Criminal Finances Act (2017), a lot of the time agencies have a strict supplier list and umbrella companies have to complete a lot of compliance work to be on this list. Without knowing specifically why you are being asked to switch, we will note that we’ve had a large number of contractors join Churchill Knight Umbrella from other less compliant umbrella companies due to concerns raised by their agencies.

As we all know there should be no difference between compliant umbrella companies in the UK, so although its annoying needing to change, you should find the switch very easy. If there is anything I can help you with please let me know.
              Churchill Knight & Associates Ltd.

Comment

Working...
              X