• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake Companies Fronting International Fraud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake Companies Fronting International Fraud

I don’t know if anyone has posted this article before now, and I haven’t verified the links and relationships in this article, which is about the 89 year old accountant, Barbara Kahan, all I can say is it makes astounding reading.

This journo hadn’t recognised it but, for anyone caught by, or wishing to avoid, dodgy umbrella companies, particularly loan scheme providers, this could help with your research.

Once you start looking it’s hard not to go down the rabbit hole on this one.

For example, Barbara Kahan set up Innoplan Ltd in 2012, one of 14150 live companies, which has confirmed links with a number of companies masquerading as umbrella companies.

She’s a game old bird because she died in August 2000.

I only hope that I am able to continue to do my job from beyond the grave.

Russian Dolls: The Biggest Scandal Never Reported - James Dowsett - Medium

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum

Originally posted by cwcsolutions View Post
    I only hope that I am able to continue to do my job from beyond the grave.
    Surely one of the chief advantages of being dead is that one doesn't have to work any more.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
      Surely one of the chief advantages of being dead is that one doesn't have to work any more.
      Not if Ian Duncan Smith has his way.....
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
        But you get inheritance tax to pay on all your income.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Not if Ian Duncan Smith has his way.....
          It's a thought. I'm sure IPSE will be quickly onto the zombie market after their successful pursuit of taxi drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            But you get inheritance tax to pay on all your income.
            Nope, your kids have to pay it - it's a reverse BOMAD scenario.

Comment

Working...
            X