• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need Advice on Choosing Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phil72UK View Post
    I was going to go with Contractor Umbrella being as they were rated highly here, but the recruitment agency I'm with said they refused them after due diligence because they had posted losses, so were a risk. Seem fair?
    And the agent is very on the ball regarding this piece of info as the company only posted this yesterday, I almost don't believe they could be that efficient!

Unless... *Hmmm*….
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Why is that the agency's risk - it's yours.

This may be of interest Robert Sharp posted on LinkedIn if you want to force the issue and scare the agency..
      Oh, I like that - I may even put a sticky up for it.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

I was going to go with Contractor Umbrella being as they were rated highly here, but the recruitment agency I'm with said they refused them after due diligence because they had posted losses, so were a risk. Seem fair?
        I'd be tempted to run a credit check on the agency. Most carry a large amount of debt and, if yours does too, I'd ask the agent if that poses any more of a risk?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          And the agent is very on the ball regarding this piece of info as the company only posted this yesterday, I almost don't believe they could be that efficient!

Unless... *Hmmm*….
          *Hmmm* indeed - remarkable how you can get as far as reading a P&L account to see the loss without looking at the rest of the accounts and seeing the company could swallow 2 years of such losses without batting an eyelid...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hi Phil

I'm sorry to hear that.

The losses were due to office relocation costs and spending on software improvements because of growth within the business.

If you would still like us to discuss this with the agency, we're more than happy to.

Kind regards

Zeeshan
            Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Originally posted by DolanContractorGroup View Post
              Hi Phil

I'm sorry to hear that.

The losses were due to office relocation costs and spending on software improvements because of growth within the business.

If you would still like us to discuss this with the agency, we're more than happy to.

Kind regards

Zeeshan
              You really shouldn't have to do that. It's perfectly normal for companies to make losses some years. It's an idiot agent not understanding what a business is.

Crikey if we refused to trade with companies that made a loss then Uber, Amazon, Ocado, etc would have no customers!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                You really shouldn't have to do that. It's perfectly normal for companies to make losses some years. It's an idiot agent not understanding what a business is.

Crikey if we refused to trade with companies that made a loss then Uber, Amazon, Ocado, etc would have no customers!
                The more I look at the post we are talking about - the more it doesn't add up...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Absolutely.

Anyone might think it was a little bit of competition mud-slinging going on...

(Not you Lucy, obvs!)

Comment

Ooh, I do love a good sockie hunt in the morning.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Absolutely.

Anyone might think it was a little bit of competition mud-slinging going on...

(Not you Lucy, obvs!)
                      Lucy... Mud... Hmmmmm
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X