• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need Advice on Choosing Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice on Choosing Umbrella

Hi All,

Apparently my end client has now assessed that my upcoming contract is deemed to be with in IR35 rules.

I have been given the following list of preferred umbrella companies by the end client.

Can some one please let me know your experience/recommendations from the list below,

1) BrooksonOne
    2) Fore Two Group
    3) Giant Professional -> Read in another thread that their "hidden charges" are not explained to their customers
    4) JSA Services
    5) Nasa Umbrella
    6) Orange Genie Cover
    7) Parasol Limited -> Read in one of the threads that their fees are way too high
    8) Paystream My Max Limited
    9) Umbrella-Company Limited

Your kind inputs will help me with choosing the right one.

Thanks and Regards

Originally posted by tester_uk View Post
    Hi All,

Apparently my end client has now assessed that my upcoming contract is deemed to be with in IR35 rules.

I have been given the following list of preferred umbrella companies by the end client.

Can some one please let me know your experience/recommendations from the list below,

1) BrooksonOne
    2) Fore Two Group
    3) Giant Professional -> Read in another thread that their "hidden charges" are not explained to their customers
    4) JSA Services
    5) Nasa Umbrella
    6) Orange Genie Cover
    7) Parasol Limited -> Read in one of the threads that their fees are way too high
    8) Paystream My Max Limited
    9) Umbrella-Company Limited

Your kind inputs will help me with choosing the right one.

Thanks and Regards
    PayStream ! All day long

Comment

Originally posted by bstar1 View Post
      PayStream ! All day long
      Hi,

Thanks for your response. Are you happy with their services so far ?

Thanks and Regards

Comment

Best advice I can give is to pick up the phone, speak to a person and then start to do your research. If they cannot answer any questions you have then don't go with them! You need to know exactly what you are getting for your money

Comment

Originally posted by tester_uk View Post
          Hi,

Thanks for your response. Are you happy with their services so far ?

Thanks and Regards
          100%

Comment

Another vote for Paystream

Comment

There's also Clarity Umbrella from Lucy of this parish. Not sure if her user name has changed following her recent parting of ways with Contractor Umbrella.

EDIT: recent is a relative term

Clarity will be launched this month.
              Last edited by ladymuck; 2 October 2019, 10:06.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                There's also Clarity Umbrella from Lucy of this parish. Not sure if her user name has changed following her recent parting of ways with Contractor Umbrella.
                It did and will probably change again soon. Quick scan of the umbrella forum and you'll find it.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Restricted Choices?

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  It did and will probably change again soon. Quick scan of the umbrella forum and you'll find it.
                  I'm going to be choosing today and would be happy to go with Clarity Umbrella. Any way to force the agency to use them, or do they have ultimate control over who I have to pick from?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Glass View Post
                    I'm going to be choosing today and would be happy to go with Clarity Umbrella. Any way to force the agency to use them, or do they have ultimate control over who I have to pick from?

Cheers.
                    I'm afraid they have control - the only way I see contractors having ultimate control is choosing not to take the contract because of the choice of umbrellas.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X