• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FCSA Umbrella Companies - Have Your Say

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You'd think there would be any companies out there selling holidays without making any money, and, well....
    Haha. An unfortunate case, that one.

Kind regards

Zeeshan
    Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Originally posted by LiamJones View Post
      As an example, my wife and I will lose the maternity and paternity rights and benefits when our first child is born that we have have earned whilst being with the same umbrella for several years.
      Are stating that you have earned more than statutory employment rights due to your length of service? If so you may wish to go back and revisit your contract of employment to see what is stated as the employer only has an obligation to pay SMP.

Comment

Originally posted by midlandlass View Post
        Are stating that you have earned more than statutory employment rights due to your length of service? If so you may wish to go back and revisit your contract of employment to see what is stated as the employer only has an obligation to pay SMP.
        Hi,

I think what Liam means is that as their continuity of employment will be lost, they will again have to be with their new umbrella employer for at least 6 months before they can avail SMP, or SPP (pay and leave).

Kind regards

Zeeshan
        Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Working...
        X