IR35 post April 2020: Choosing a legitimate Umbrella IR35 post April 2020: Choosing a legitimate Umbrella - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 51 to 54 of 54

Banned

My consultancy is recommending that its contractors be prepared to join an umbrella after April. Here are the choices -

1. Brookson Umbrella
    2. Danbro Umbrella
    3. Giant Umbrella
    4. Parasol Umbrella

I've only looked at Giant so far and their nett pay calculator looks suspiciously inflated. They are also stating that there is no SDC involved, which I guess is their way of saying the engagement will not be one of employment. So which would the panel recommend and what should we look out for?

The consultancy is also stating that the review by QDOS will not result in an SDS, but that's exactly what the review is. Looks like they are all behaving like a bag full of monkeys!

My post count is Majestic

Standard list that's been around since the public sector changes.

Do a search using the Google method to go find the feedback rather than go over it again and take this thread offtopic.. Or as we call it, doing a JtB.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by nucastle View Post
    You don't need insurance for yourself if you are using an umbrella. The umbrella has insurance which the agent will want to see sight of.

The only thing you need to do when using an umbrella is just to turn up for work, do your time sheets and then get paid and receive your pay slip.
    Still, remember insurance has a limit to how much of your unlimited liability it can cover. A limited liability company actually limits liability.

Significant difference.

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by vlc View Post
    Still, remember insurance has a limit to how much of your unlimited liability it can cover. A limited liability company actually limits liability.

Significant difference.
    but as I pointed out to a large (panicking) multinational yesterday any inside IR35 is an employee and their employer is the person responsible for the work and insurance.

that limited liability and professional indemnity (except for gross misconduct) still exists it’s just higher up the chain and not the concern of the employee now inside IR35.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment