• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody heard of prime umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody heard of prime umbrella

Hi guys

I'm Ltd at the moment and my agency is probably going to force us to go umbrella when these new hmrc off payroll legislation kick in.

She has suggested we go with what she calls a payroll company called Prime UK solutions which is basically a umbrella company as far as I can see.

Following on from our conversation, the calculations below shows the amount you would take home when operating through the Umbrella Company.

£100.00 per day (Monday – Friday)=£401.32 after tax & NI

All of the above are assuming standard tax codes and are not saving holiday pay up.

I dont see how they come up with this £401 as other umbrella companies has said around £365 - £375

I cant tell if its fsca regestered.

Originally posted by Markus625 View Post
    Hi guys

I'm Ltd at the moment and my agency is probably going to force us to go umbrella when these new hmrc off payroll legislation kick in.

She has suggested we go with what she calls a payroll company called Prime UK solutions which is basically a umbrella company as far as I can see.

Following on from our conversation, the calculations below shows the amount you would take home when operating through the Umbrella Company.

All of the above are assuming standard tax codes and are not saving holiday pay up.

I dont see how they come up with this £401 as other umbrella companies has said around £365 - £375

The FCSA bit is easy. If they're listed on the FCSA website, they are registered. Simple.

Is it a recommendation or a requirement? You can tell them you will be using your own umbrella, if that is absolutely necessary, I can't see any legal basis for enforcing a particular one.

Comment

Me neither - should be around £364.00 - unless they are charging absolutely nothing as a margin and adding expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
        Me neither - should be around £364.00 - unless they are charging absolutely nothing as a margin and adding expenses.
        Does that include mandatory pension ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          That's without pension

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I can't see any legal basis for enforcing a particular one.
            Not legal no, but happens a lot

Comment

Hi guys

Hi Markus625,

That take home figure is quite high. They must be doing something else because as Lucy pointed out, the correct figure should be £364.25 per week.

To find FCSA Accredited companies, go here: FCSA Members

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              Hi GhostofTarbera,

The weekly take home figure of £364 would be if the contractor is opted out of the pension scheme.

Kind regards

Zeeshan
              Last edited by DolanContractorGroup; 7 November 2019, 09:19.
              Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Now we are beginning to see 1 post punters asking about dodgy umbrellas, in the same way we were hit by dodgy EBT schemes in the 00's.

I always leave them here to show our contempt for such companies. They will go to the effort of sending solicitor's letters to us and we will occasionally comply, but it has cost them money and us nothing for their 'SEO marketing' to go wrong.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

What I'd also like to point out is that our agency or should I say recruitment consultant is saying she won't be using Ltd contractors as its a cost to her and obviously forcing us down the umbrella route.

Comment

What I'd also like to point out is that our agency or should I say recruitment consultant is saying she won't be using Ltd contractors as its a cost to her and obviously forcing us down the umbrella route.
                    Hi Markus625,

Can you elaborate on this please? Has the consultant said why she doesn't want to use inside-IR35 ltd companies?

I presume it's because of the Employers NIC liability on the fee payer (agency), but I would be interested to know if it was for another reason.

Thanks

Zeeshan
                    Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Working...
                    X