Umbrella choice advice please Umbrella choice advice please - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 16 of 16

Super poster

Always worth asking if the list is a true PSL that has to be adhered to, or just a suggestion for people who don't have an umbrella in place

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Plot72 View Post
    1. Focused Consulting Umbrella.
    2. Paystream
    3. PayMe
    4. Pyntronot Payroll
    Makes for interesting reading
    The last one on the list states this on their site, so not even sure if they are actually an umbrella:
    "The Pytronot team are able to run your whole recruitment payroll administration for all your clients, regardless of the type of business they own. We work with umbrella companies, limited companies and PAYE contractors across the entirety of the United Kingdom."
    Nice bit of due diligence there

Still gathering requirements...

I can’t imagine that end clients care about which umbrella and they leave that to the agency to sort out.
    I would assume agencies are looking to resolve the loss of income through ir35 etc by forcing an umbrella chosen by them so they can agree an improved margin in the chain at the various stages .No idea just a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvoicer View Post
    I can’t imagine that end clients care about which umbrella and they leave that to the agency to sort out.
    I would assume agencies are looking to resolve the loss of income through ir35 etc by forcing an umbrella chosen by them so they can agree an improved margin in the chain at the various stages .No idea just a guess.
    End clients should care, especially if the liabilities falls on them at any point My guess if that IR35 isn't going to actually cause any financial loss to the agency (I could be wrong) but they are not the ones that are having to account for any additional taxes, unless they are taking a cut in their percentage to assist covering those costs for the contractor, or the end client is cutting their percentage to up the contract rate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvoicer View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I suspect that too.

Still gathering requirements...

Hi

I've not used any of the above but it was mentioned in another thread that paystream allow u to pay into a sipp for £2.60 a week which would allow u to use your existing pension