• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mutuality of Obligation + Furlough Periods - RALC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    In my opinion that’s not good!
    Being told to submit “non billable invoices” for a period means that the company is expecting you to raise paperwork for doing nothing when you’re not “working” for them.

Don’t submit invoices. You’re doing no work. If you want to make it look better, then get a client you can work for during that period. Even if it’s helping out at a local pub for a week - get them to pay you as a supplier and put it through the company books.
    Hmmm, I looked at it as them offering me a contract of x days at a daily rate which I accepted, and them forcibly removing then right for me to be paid for those days. I took this as an indication of them not having to supply me with agreed work within the contract dates.

Coupled with the fact that they cant enforce the same conditions to their permy employees.
    Last edited by Blert596; 27 November 2019, 10:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Blert596 View Post
      I took this as an indication of them not having to supply me with agreed work within the contract dates.
      You’re the supplier, not them!

If you’re expecting them to “supply you with agreed work”, that would be S, D & C all in one box.
      Supervision: They are supervising/telling you how to run your company.
      Direction: They are directing you to not work at particular times
      Control: They are telling your company to submit invoices when you are not doing work for them.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Blert596 View Post
        Hmmm, I looked at it as them offering me a contract of x days at a daily rate which I accepted, and them forcibly removing then right for me to be paid for those days. I took this as an indication of them not having to supply me with agreed work within the contract dates.

Coupled with the fact that they cant enforce the same conditions to their permy employees.
        Spin it around. If you wanted some time off and they said no how would you feel about. You can't do business with restrictions like that in place. We work on a T&M basis. Work a day, get paid a day, rinse and repeat. If it was forced like that we'd be on fixed price. Many clients get contractors in because we are more flexible than their workforce, not less.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X