Too Cheeky (Requesting Umbrella Information)? Too Cheeky (Requesting Umbrella Information)? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 16 of 16

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
    There is no such compliance that requires a phone call! Although that said I would always pick up the phone and make sure you are comfortable with them, at the end of the day they are still handling your money
    I definitely will speak to some, if/when I go down the Umbrella route. However, this is just my first pass through the market, to come up with a short list of who to speak to.

(yours was included, but, unfortunately, the lack of FCSA accreditation means a no-go if I remain with same agency)
    Last edited by Paralytic; 6th December 2019 at 15:57.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    Give me a PM if you want to know who they are - they'll be keen to speak to you
    Will do

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
    Will do
    That was for WTFH only (S)He seems very keen on them.

Double Godlike!

Looking ahead to next year, when one option open to me might be to move to an Umbrella, I fired off a list of questions to a number of Umbrella companies - both those only my current agency's PSL, and others. The questions were generic, around their margin, salary sacrafice/pension contributions etc, and asking for an illustrative quote.

Most provided answers to the questions and provide illustrations via email.

However, one responded

So that we can provide you with an accurate quotation in line with our compliance regulations we would need to go through everything over the phone initially.

Which I suspect is BS for wanting to get me on the phone and give me the sales pitch.

Was my response too flippant?

What compliance regulations do you have that the other Umbrella companies that have been able to provide illustrative quotes via email don’t?

I guess it could be internal compliance, and I suspect I'm now ruled out from using them, but it gave me a little amusement on a Friday afternoon.

Wonder if I'll get a response.
    Cool story bro.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Cool story bro.
    Thanks, I didn't think it was anything special, but I'm glad it gave you a good start to your weekend.

Fingers like lightning

That was for WTFH only (S)He seems very keen on them.