• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payeworx

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Do where does the Corporation Tax turn up on this diagram? And who pays the VAT?
    Well it's not in the UK if you are paying £10k of income tax on £82k of profits.

Equally it breaks the new rule of umbrella's. Once upon a time it didn't matter legally to the client how you were paid - nowadays it might if the tax isn't paid correctly and it's passed back to the end client to pay..
    Last edited by eek; 19 December 2019, 07:34.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Oohhh yes, so now they’ll have to disguise what they are to the agency/end client.

I wonder how they’ll do that?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Also, I would be very suspicious of any ‘umbrella’ that requires a phone call to explain what your take home would be, a legitimate umbrella’s explanation is straightforward and usually available on the website via a calculator.

I would use Paystream or Clarity if I were you.
        That’s funny. I asked Paystream some questions via email and asked for an illustrative quote (including increased pension contributions that their online calculator can’t to do) and they said they could not give me a response without speaking to me.
        Last edited by Paralytic; 18 December 2019, 23:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          That’s funny. I asked Paystream some questions via email and asked for an illustrative quote (including increased pension contributions that their online calculator can’t to do) and they said they could not give me a response without speaking to me.
          Well that’s a bit rubbish.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            The world is going insane! Simple: Day Rate / Hourly Rate / Tax Code / Student Loan and how much pension would you like to contribute - not rocket science or I am making this too simple

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
              The world is going insane! Simple: Day Rate / Hourly Rate / Tax Code / Student Loan and how much pension would you like to contribute - not rocket science or I am making this too simple
              I'm afraid so Lucy - it seems that they want to get their salesman's hooks into you to 'encourage' you to sign up to them there and then, I would imagine.

Comment

I'm afraid so Lucy - it seems that they want to get their salesman's hooks into you to 'encourage' you to sign up to them there and then, I would imagine.
                I made it clear to them (via email) that I was doing an initial look across the market as I wanted to know if they allowed increased pension contributions vis salary sacrifice, but they still said they’d need to speak to me. I probably will next year, but am in no hurry.

Comment

I'm not going to go into the details but I think Paystream must be short staffed this week given that the sales people are not getting back to me. Ironically they were beating their chest this morning about being the biggest and most well resourced Umbrella ahead of the 2020 flood gates opening.

Perhaps Payeworx are a bit more responsive.

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
                    Perhaps Payeworx are a bit more responsive.
                    Did you read this thread?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X