• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payeworx

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
    Ask if they have a DOTAS number
    I bet they are QC approved too
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      And you've just invented the MSC again by another name and they are completed banned.
      Makes sense, this means they would have to work out shares in real time according to contracts and profit. The only way I can see this, is at the end of every financial year, so you would have to make do with your £18k a year, then at the end the XX Company will pack up go and whilst enjoying all them "dividends" from all the contractors probably in a bank in Panama or one of the other islands in the Caribbean.

In regards to the NHS contractors, not sure what to say. They seem to be pretty happy doing it still. I know for a fact one of them is doing this to avoid paying higher child support, which is damn low.
      Last edited by Drei; 28 February 2020, 15:10.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I bet they are QC approved too
        Undoubtedly! Probably HMRC approved too

(and in case HMRC are watching that was a joke, we all know you don't approve anyone or anything, although maybe you should when it comes to umbrella's! hint hint)

Comment

I see that PAYEworx have popped up again on LinkedIn. I've asked them to better explain their "IR35 Protected Limited Company", but I'm not holding my breath for a clear and unambiguous answer in public... I might request one of their "information packs".

Not too sure what I'll find...
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            Not too sure what I'll find...
            Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...

https://i.ibb.co/cTCj9S0/Capture.png

PS: why can't I post pictures any more?
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...

https://i.ibb.co/cTCj9S0/Capture.png

PS: why can't I post pictures any more?
              Oh, clever. They've dropped the outlandish >80% lark to a more 'believable' 77%.

(And it's better that you don't post a picture in this instance, trust me...)
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

And today Payework finally made HMRC's list of dodgy schemes see https://www.gov.uk/government/public...s#payeworx-ltd
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  And today Payework finally made HMRC's list of dodgy schemes see https://www.gov.uk/government/public...s#payeworx-ltd
                  Finally!

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Not the only one it seems!

"The most recent update was on 24 August 2023 with the addition of Payeworx Ltd and SmartPay Limited."

Comment

The scheme user enters into an employment contract with Payeworx (PWL), and the scheme user’s Personal Service Company (PSC) is issued a share in Contractor Buddy PCC Limited (CBP), a connected protected cell company based in the Isle of Man (IOM). PWL pay the scheme user a salary that is around the minimum amount required by the National Minimum Wage Act 1998. CBP make a separate larger payment without deducting Income Tax and National Insurance Contributions to the scheme user’s PSC, supposedly for a dividend. CBP deduct around 2% from the larger payment as a fee, and a further 19% which they claim is Corporation Tax (CT). However, the rate of CT in the IOM is 0%. The scheme users are expected to distribute the alleged dividend amount as they see fit.”

That’s some margin! Now that they’ve made a HMRC’s list, they’ll no doubt go into administration shortly, leaving their clients over the last many years holding the bag.

Comment

Working...
                      X