• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Danbro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was not meant to be sycophantic.

Comment

i'm no god.
      no wrath involved.
      you're just a bigger bore than John the Bore.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        crystal umbrella
        Thanks, it's useful to know that you started out with a brolly too. On balance the occasional nugget if helpful info makes it worthwhile having you pestering me.

Comment

i didn't
          you should

Comment

I used Danbro years ago. Had no issues with them

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
              The agent was a bit peed off that I'm not going ltd as well
              Sounds ridiculous that they would say that, it makes no difference to them whether your Ltd or Umbrella (unless the role dictates it)!

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
                Sounds ridiculous that they would say that, it makes no difference to them whether your Ltd or Umbrella (unless the role dictates it)!
                It's probably just a natural response to me not taking his advice to go ltd. He's a nice enough chap, I'd be offended by me too sometimes.

I had an interesting chat with Danbro this morning, apparently I can claim back £50 of my prescription expenses and up to £200 towards dental treatment using their Bupa care plan (included in margin). It seems too good to be true so I'll have to check the small print.

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
                  It does to the Agent who has lost out on a c£300 voucher for him personally more than likely.

People have definitely been shoe horned down the Limited Company route by greedy agents incentivised by Love2Shop vouchers and the like because Accountancy clients generate more profit for the companies so - they don't mind a higher cost of acquisition.

Comment

This umbrella benefits thing is turning out to be a headache. The prescriptions saving at Danbro is only £25 and the £200 is for a 'dental accident'. The latter might come in handy after next year's CUK Christmas party but is not worth banking on. I can get a free eye test though.

Paystream have just reeled off a list of shops that give discounts including the major supermarkets. I have guaranteed spend there so could factor in the savings as a long term benefit if there's a permanent cashback card. I can't get an answer out of them though, they've stopped picking up the phone.

Danbro's shopping rewards are random group-on type discounts so I can't really predict any savings.

On the plus side, I just got my £10 Christmas bonus from the DWP. I might go out and get the Mrs a Christmas present now.

Comment

We really don't care. Please try to sort something out for yourself without having to post another tedious me me me post.

NAT has already 'suggested' this to you.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X