• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Danbro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danbro

I did a search and psychocandy rates them which is good enough for me but I was a bit thrown today when my agent called and was trying to steer me away. "They're on your approved umbrellas list" I said and he said "but none of our other contractors use them. You should use Umbrella.co.uk, Paystream or MyPay".

Any more views on Danbro? I have to decide tomorrow.

The agent was a bit peed off that I'm not going ltd as well, 90% of his contractors operate via a ltd and he wasn't placated when I told him I'd taken advice from contractors under the supervision and control of NLUK. Apparently I should be using CEST instead so I can argue with HMRC. His views on client determination are optimistic to say the least.

More chance getting hit by lightning than getting a HMRC investigation, do what 95% of contractors do and ignore it completely as use your Ltd

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      More chance getting hit by lightning than getting a HMRC investigation, do what 95% of contractors do and ignore it completely as use your Ltd

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Thanks Ghost. I don't have a ltd company yet and since I don't know what the client is going to do in the NY it makes sense to start as umbrella then switch to ltd if the client declares my role as outside IR35. I might only need a brolly for a few weeks which must be better than starting up and potentially needing to close down and wrap up the accounting and insurance after being flipped to inside.

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
        I did a search and psychocandy rates them which is good enough for me
        Says a lot for you and it really shouldn't be.. Big mistake.

If you'd put a bit more effort in you would have also found out that PC said avoid them as well.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...r-oh-dear.html
        but I was a bit thrown today when my agent called and was trying to steer me away. "They're on your approved umbrellas list" I said and he said "but none of our other contractors use them. You should use Umbrella.co.uk, Paystream or MyPay".

Any more views on Danbro? I have to decide tomorrow.
        Enough time for a couple more threads on the topic then..
        The agent was a bit peed off that I'm not going ltd as well, 90% of his contractors operate via a ltd and he wasn't placated when I told him I'd taken advice from contractors under the supervision and control of NLUK. Apparently I should be using CEST instead so I can argue with HMRC. His views on client determination are optimistic to say the least.
        Very funny. Nice bit of extra look at me attention grabbing trolling. Nice.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do what you like. Stop asking random people who you don't know for advice. Any of the ones you mentioned seem ok to me.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Do what you like. Stop asking random people who you don't know for advice. Any of the ones you mentioned seem ok to me.
            He can't reply with more unending tedium to the be the center of attention if he did that.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
              Thanks Ghost. I don't have a ltd company yet and since I don't know what the client is going to do in the NY it makes sense to start as umbrella then switch to ltd if the client declares my role as outside IR35. I might only need a brolly for a few weeks which must be better than starting up and potentially needing to close down and wrap up the accounting and insurance after being flipped to inside.
              who tells you what clothes to wear?
              do you ever make any decisions for yourself?

wear a suit at all times
              don't piss in the water supply

Comment

Yes, I read that thread too NLUK and my interpretation was that it was a temporary software migration problem some considerable time ago. I suppose I could ask PC again but he might respond to this thread anyway.

As for the mention of you, I didn't actually mention you to the agent and thought I would flatter you in addition to the positive rep points. It seems to have done the trick because you enjoyed the irony I think.

Just out of interest, which Umbrella would you go for out of the ones listed above? Brooksons and
                Parasol were also on on the list. Who did you use when you started out?

Comment

crystal umbrella

Comment

I can't fully gauge what the customer service is like without asking for the opinion of people who have used them.

Plenty of other forum members have posted threads like this, I wonder why mine attracts the wrath of the gods.

Comment

Working...
                    X