• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NEST Pension Charges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEST Pension Charges

Hi

Ive been looking at Umbrellas with pension options, and most are signed up to NEST in some form or another

Is it me or are the charges ridiculously high on NEST - 1.8% in and 0.3% annual fees -

Nest Pensions Charges | Nest Pensions

Has anyone found umbrellas with lower cost options for salary sacrifice?

Thanks

Originally posted by coder View Post
    Hi

Ive been looking at Umbrellas with pension options, and most are signed up to NEST in some form or another

Is it me or are the charges ridiculously high on NEST - 1.8% in and 0.3% annual fees -

Thanks
    Hi coder,

Many umbrella companies went with NEST at the start but have slowly moved to others that have worked better for them.

Over here at Contractor Umbrella we chose to go with Scottish Widows, which not only has lower charges, but our scheme allows for flexible contributions rather than the fixed 5% and 3% (currently).

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards

Zeeshan

EDIT: I've just checked again from my older forum posts, and Scottish Widows previously advised that the Annual Management Charge is 1% and there is no contribution/investment charge.
    Last edited by DolanContractorGroup; 8 January 2020, 12:06. Reason: SW charges info
    Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
      Hi

Thanks
      Have a look at The People's Pension.

Compare auto-enrolment providers | Pension plan options | The People’s Pension

There are no contribution charges and the Annual Management Charge is only 0.5%.

They do salary sacrifice and quite a few umbrellas use them.

Comment

Working...
      X