• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do any umbrellas over tax (and fee!)-efficient payments into pre-existing SIPPs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do any umbrellas over tax (and fee!)-efficient payments into pre-existing SIPPs?

Hi there!

After 20 years of limited company operation, and whilst still awaiting an inside/outside IR35 determination from end client, it's time for me to do some research into the better umbrella companies, as that's the only route acceptable if deemed inside.

I have a SIPP pension which has been performing really well: do any umbrellas offer tax-efficient contributions into pre-existing specific (in this case Aegon) SIPPs, and if so, care to offer a referral for further discussion?

If not, can any tax relief be claimed if contributions are paid out of net pay via self assessment?

Many thanks

BB

Originally posted by bbmk View Post
    Hi there!

After 20 years of limited company operation, and whilst still awaiting an inside/outside IR35 determination from end client, it's time for me to do some research into the better umbrella companies, as that's the only route acceptable if deemed inside.

I have a SIPP pension which has been performing really well: do any umbrellas offer tax-efficient contributions into pre-existing specific (in this case Aegon) SIPPs, and if so, care to offer a referral for further discussion?

If not, can any tax relief be claimed if contributions are paid out of net pay via self assessment?

Many thanks

BB
    I believe this has been asked before, and the answer is no as it would mean the brolly would need to deal with potentially countless different SIPP providers. You could obviously pay in a SIPP from taxed income and claim back the relief
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by bbmk View Post
      Hi there!

Many thanks

BB
      Hi bbmk

Most companies will only make payment into their group pension scheme due to administrative nightmares managing multiple different schemes, but if you pay into their scheme then you benefit from the salary sacrifice. Once you get to the end of the assignment you can then transfer it back to your existing pension. If you pay from your net then yes you can put this through on your self-assessment for HMRC to determine the tax relief. It would still be more beneficial via the umbrella as the pension is coming from the Gross so is reducing both tax and NI figures.

HTHs

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I believe this has been asked before, and the answer is no as it would mean the brolly would need to deal with potentially countless different SIPP providers. You could obviously pay in a SIPP from taxed income and claim back the relief
        I believe this has been asked before, and the answer is yes

Some Umbrella's do allow you to pay into your own pre-existing Pension. See:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2717255

Comment

Working...
        X