Umbrella questions about SDC expenses, pensions and Scottish tax bands Umbrella questions about SDC expenses, pensions and Scottish tax bands - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 51 to 57 of 57
  1. #51

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    24,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andydd68 View Post
    Just started with Parasol and they can pay into PensionBee easily enough, took a few emails back n forth, they will only do monthly (not sure wether its a set date) and only a set amount not a %

    As for expenses, etc..they seem happy enough to pay mileage, Im working on assumption Im not covered by SDC (yes I know this was discussed earlier in the thread, but SDC is not IR35 although its similar in scope).

    They 'will' also pay expenses on software/equipment bought solely for the role, although in practice I found this very difficult and gave up trying to persuade them my O365 licence of £5 was a valid expense.
    Don't assume you will get that money come April as IR35 overrides the SDC get out when it comes to expenses see the IR35 examples on Travel and subsistence expenses for workers engaged through 'employment intermediaries' from 6 April 2016 - GOV.UK

    and I suspect HMRC may be looking at your claims going forward and disallowing them...

    But nice to see Parasol haven't changed their stripes.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  2. #52

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ipswich, Suffolk
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaz777 View Post
    I've a friend who's just been told Parasol will pay into any SIPP. However, they've only started this in the last few weeks due to demand. While interesting, I don't fancy being a guinea pig for their new services...
    Be interesting to see if this is the case, I have seen others who have been told that and then have ended up not being able to.

  3. #53

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Don't assume you will get that money come April as IR35 overrides the SDC get out when it comes to expenses see the IR35 examples on Travel and subsistence expenses for workers engaged through 'employment intermediaries' from 6 April 2016 - GOV.UK

    and I suspect HMRC may be looking at your claims going forward and disallowing them...

    But nice to see Parasol haven't changed their stripes.
    I doubt it...

  4. #54

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    24,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andydd68 View Post
    I doubt it...
    Is your contract inside IR35 - if it is you can't claim expenses - the SDC exemption is for outside IR35 contracts..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  5. #55

    Default Employer contributions to Fidelity SIPP

    Quote Originally Posted by gaz777 View Post

    Does anyone use an umbrella that does make contributions to Fidelity?
    From my understanding Fidelity will accept a single employer contribution into their SIPP - <mod snip>

    All this means that each month you will be required to complete this form in order to notify Fidelity of the amount that is being paid.

    You just need to find an umbrella whois prepared to work with you to achieve this
    Last edited by cojak; 5th March 2020 at 12:13. Reason: Advertising removed and poster to be investigated

  6. #56

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Is your contract inside IR35 - if it is you can't claim expenses - the SDC exemption is for outside IR35 contracts..
    In/Out..shake it all about..........its outside at the moment...it will be inside once clock hits April 6th.....yes I know how ridiculous that is..but thats the new world we are entering...as we all know..its doesnt matter whether its actually in/out or whether a client has done a reasonable SDS...they are risk averse so everyone is gonna be In ......with a few exceptions.

    Plus your comment isnt correct..you can be Inside IR35 or even employed as fully perm and claim some expenses..the uniform/washing is an obvious one thats often pitched...many umbrellas also allow you to claim (limited) others, mileage being another example.........perhaps wrongly ?

  7. #57

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    24,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andydd68 View Post
    In/Out..shake it all about..........its outside at the moment...it will be inside once clock hits April 6th.....yes I know how ridiculous that is..but thats the new world we are entering...as we all know..its doesnt matter whether its actually in/out or whether a client has done a reasonable SDS...they are risk averse so everyone is gonna be In ......with a few exceptions.

    Plus your comment isnt correct..you can be Inside IR35 or even employed as fully perm and claim some expenses..the uniform/washing is an obvious one thats often pitched...many umbrellas also allow you to claim (limited) others, mileage being another example.........perhaps wrongly ?
    For expenses here we are talking travel of a commuting type to your fixed place(s) of work.

    And If you are claiming for uniform cleaning you are well and truly inside.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •