• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35 from April - Usual Take Home Pay from Legit Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
    I guess you can up your pension contribution to bring your taxable income to under £100k. To keep the 30 free hours?
    Unfortunately not

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Unfortunately not

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      I think in some cases it probably is true what I said. But keen to get others views.

Off topic. But after a quick 2 min search gov.uk says

If you or your partner have an ‘adjusted net income’ over £100,000 in the current tax year you will not be eligible. This includes any bonuses you expect to get.

Your adjusted net income is your total taxable income before any personal allowances and minus things like Gift Aid.

What adjusted net income is:
      Adjusted net income is total taxable income before any Personal Allowances and less certain tax reliefs, for example:

trading losses

donations made to charities through Gift Aid - take off the ‘grossed-up’ amount

pension contributions paid gross (before tax relief)

pension contributions where your pension provider has already given you tax relief at the basic rate - take off the ‘grossed-up’ amount

Comment

Working...
      X