• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35 from April - Usual Take Home Pay from Legit Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside IR35 from April - Usual Take Home Pay from Legit Umbrella

My client just told me that I'll be inside IR35 from April...

What is the usual take-home pay % that I would expect from an umbrella that's NOT using any dodgy schemes?

Comment

Around 62% of gross rate

But buggered if you have kids an currently claim 30 hours a week - minus £9K

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Around 62% of gross rate

But buggered if you have kids an currently claim 30 hours a week - minus £9K

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        That 62% is not bad. I have kids, but don't claim the 30 hours. Which umbrella is that?

Comment

most of them, they're much of a muchness, if they're kosher.

Comment

All the brollys have calculators on their websites. Have a look at few - they will give you a decent idea and all should be around the same ball park with the key difference being their fee.

Be wary of what assumptions they're making around pensions and expenses. You ought to contact them for a proper illustration before you sign up.

I do like the output you get from Clarity which breaks it all down for you, some of the others just say you will take home 'this much' which isn't great.

Comment

WLM said.

caveat emptor.
              avoid anyone who quotes more than ~60% net on high end rates.

Comment

If you're a 40% tax payer then anything between 52 and 56% take home.

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
                  If you're a 40% tax payer then anything between 52 and 56% take home.
                  And, for many, sub 50% after expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by skysies View Post
                    My client just told me that I'll be inside IR35 from April...

What is the usual take-home pay % that I would expect from an umbrella that's NOT using any dodgy schemes?
                    Maybe it's time you took some more responsibility over how you get paid do some research. It's not rocket science and it's your income we are talking about here.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X