• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unreliable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreliable

I have gone to a well-known large umbrella company up in Warrington and they are not paying me. So much so that I have had to walk off the contract.

Anyone know what I can legally do if they are refusing to pay me?

My agent has sent over the money + VAT to them.

When I try and contact them they have literally shut-up shop. They wont answer e-mails and phone calls just go straight to voicemail.

I tell you what, this Corona Virus carry-on has given all companies, yes, ALL companies, a green light to drag their heels and not pay-up or give a service or product that you have paid for. Oh yes, they are all doing their bit on Linked-IN for PR and 'how they care' but in the background, they are not doing what they are paid to do.

'Working from home'? Avin a larf - at our expense.

MILKING IT.

How late are the payments ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

You don't name here - but a google suggested Parasol?

If so, plenty of warnings on CUK about them.....

Comment

Originally posted by Marco R View Post
        I tell you what, this Corona Virus carry-on has given all companies, yes, ALL companies, a green light to drag their heels and not pay-up or give a service or product that you have paid for.
        Bit harsh! not ALL companies are dragging their heels, some are still managing to keep everyone happy

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          You don't name here - but a google suggested Parasol?

If so, plenty of warnings on CUK about them.....
          No, not 'Parasol'

B..........n

Comment

No, not 'Parasol'

B..........n
            Brookson?

A sister company of Parasol. None for that group should be used - plenty of CUK warnings....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Brookson?

A sister company of Parasol. None for that group should be used - plenty of CUK warnings....

Not sure what I can do. The agent has sent them my pay for the week and they just will not pay me.

I have a horrible feeling this COVID-19 has hit them and they have cash-flow - and my money will be lost.

Any other recommendations? Churchill-Knight, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                How late are the payments ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                10 days now.

More worryingly is their total ignorance to their payroll department requesting my pay, be it by e-mail or by phone.

Comment

Not sure what I can do. The agent has sent them my pay for the week and they just will not pay me.

I have a horrible feeling this COVID-19 has hit them and they have cash-flow - and my money will be lost.

Any other recommendations? Churchill-Knight, perhaps?
                  For the back payment, I think others have recommended contacting safe collections.

For going forward, there is a recommendation earlier on this thread. In fact, you could sign up with them and ask what they recommend about back payments.

Comment

10 days now.

More worryingly is their total ignorance to their payroll department requesting my pay, be it by e-mail or by phone.
                    Call them out on Twitter, use the #COVID19 hashtag.

Companies have a tendency to reply to bad PR.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X